Ridiculous dealer markup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRASIK_Cdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's nothing, when the Raptor Screw came out a local dealer was asking 20k over sticker, same dealer is still asking 10k over on 2012's, I drove 30 miles and got one 4200.00 under sticker.

I remember seeing a post about that- wasn't it $73,000 or something close?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Dealers in SoCal are asking for original sticker or over on USED ones!! They'll keep doing it as Kong as people keep paying.

mpyle101

Reaction score
There was one like this in Sunnyvale when I first started looking. $20K added dealer markup. And it had been sold! When we questioned the salesman about it, he started on some rambling speech about how the Raptor wasn't just a truck, it was a part of history blah, blah, blah.

I wound up ordering one from a dealer in Morgan Hill for $450 over invoice.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers here are no different. One dealer I delt with when I was ready to order my '12was asking 10k over MSRP for a new '11 they had sitting on the floor still. Said they get that all day long. Ultimately they wouldn't budge from 3k over msrp....and they wanted to charge me for shipping! I didn't even bother to tell them I was already paying the shipping....I just went to another dealer.

Deebest1

Reaction score
I seen the same thing in Charlotte nc. When I asked why the mark up he said " we can adjust that a little bit". Told him no thanks and went to a dealer 15 miles away. It's just crazy that they are doing that everywhere.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends.. With the amazing customer service Randy has provided me and alot of other members. I wouldnt think twice from buying from him again, even if it was MSRP..

-Greg

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I went by Bell Ford here in Phoenix to see if they had gotten their Grabber Blue '13 Boss 302 yet (they hadn't) and saw a green Boss 302 and yellow Boss 302 Laguna Seca on the showroom floor. I had spoken with the sales manager before and told him I was interested in a GB one, Raptor's paid off and I'd pay the difference in cash, so he was all happy to see me when I walked in. Then I saw the $15k adm on the regular Boss and a $20k adm on the LS!!!!!! I already knew, from my shopping, that 2 other dealers in the valley were asking msrp only......so when I mentioned that to him he said "Well go buy it from them.....these cars are worth this and we will sell them for that." Then came the best line I've ever heard from a car salesman, he said "It wouldn't be fair to the dealership, it's owner or the salesman to sell it for any less":shocked: I then gave that look like "ooooooooookaaaaaaaayyyy....." and walked away. If they're doing this for the Boss (which there are still '12's sitting on lots mind you), I'd hate to know what they're gonna ask for the '13 GT500.