Review : RhinoRamps...awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt557

Reaction score
The stand a will get in the way. There really is no need. They are very tough and I would say are even more secure than jack stands. Are you worried that they will collapse? That's the only way a jack stand will help if the tuck rolls off they are going to be of no use. Once you get them and drive the truck up on them you will see what I'm talking about

I just like the idea of throwing my jack stands under the frame rails just in case. My ramps should be here later this week--ordered them on Amazon-1600lbs. I really prefer the idea of ramps vs. jacking the truck up and placing jack stands under it; however, even on the ramps, I will be placing my 6 ton jack stands under the rails--just in case. I really hope that I dont feel like I "need" stands under the truck, but as long as Im climbing under it, I will use them. Not worth the gamble in my opinion. I understand this is overcautious, but rather not risk it.

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on the comments of fellow forum memebers, I bought a set to use to put the exhaust on my truck. I would have to agree that they are great. Store easily, plenty strong enough and I got the small chocks as well. We'll see how they work for the Shelby soon.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a set of them as well. I believe that even the 8Klb version would be just fine with the Raptor. They are extremely tough and I have never actually heard of anyone breaking them other than myself. I use to use mine to assist in changing tires on my gooseneck trailer when it was loaded with Christmas trees. My "average" load had a TGVWR of between 30-40K lbs (truck trailer and load together). But the ramps performed flawlessly to get the axles on one side of the trailer off the ground to be able to replace tires. Even with the amount of weight that was on the trailer, they never whimpered or broke. I have also used them quite often for servicing my Duramax and if they will handle the weight of that diesel then the Raptor is no issue IMHO. I got mine at Auto Zone as well and if they can stand the pressure from that trailer loaded, they can MORE than handle the weight of the Raptor. Jack stands are overkill when it is sitting on those ramps. Nothing wrong with overkill when it comes to safety, but it is definitely not necessary. I highly doubt you will ever hear of someone breaking them with a Raptor.

svt557

Reaction score
Agreed...they are awesome. Mine came in shorty after my last post and I used them last weekend for my first oil change. I did throw the jack stands up, but definitely overkill. Used my tire chocks and set e-brake too. Im sure the ramps are more than capable, but I like redundancy.
The ramps did slip on my slick garage floor, even with the rope trick someone suggested on here. No problems on my aggregate driveway though.
Far better than having to mess with a floor jack in my opinion. I just drove the front end up on the ramps and had plenty of room to work under the truck.

I have a set of them as well. I believe that even the 8Klb version would be just fine with the Raptor. They are extremely tough and I have never actually heard of anyone breaking them other than myself. I use to use mine to assist in changing tires on my gooseneck trailer when it was loaded with Christmas trees. My "average" load had a TGVWR of between 30-40K lbs (truck trailer and load together). But the ramps performed flawlessly to get the axles on one side of the trailer off the ground to be able to replace tires. Even with the amount of weight that was on the trailer, they never whimpered or broke. I have also used them quite often for servicing my Duramax and if they will handle the weight of that diesel then the Raptor is no issue IMHO. I got mine at Auto Zone as well and if they can stand the pressure from that trailer loaded, they can MORE than handle the weight of the Raptor. Jack stands are overkill when it is sitting on those ramps. Nothing wrong with overkill when it comes to safety, but it is definitely not necessary. I highly doubt you will ever hear of someone breaking them with a Raptor.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my exhaust and oil without driving up onto ramps, lots of room, am I just skinny?

Not to mention there's absolutely zero chance of any ramp/jack failing and crushing you. I'm sorry guys I just don't see the need. Hell if I'm on the ground I can just get the oil filter, lift it up another 6 inches and it seems like it would be harder not easier.