Review of 5star x3 and stage 2 afe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
how do you take apart the 6.2 plastic casing??? i cant seem to get it off. and what about the 2 cables connected to the casing on the right? thanks!!!

11raptor6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed this setup today. WOW thanx Mike its amazing the throttle response is amazing and the sound is great, even made the wife smile. I am only running 87 performance tune. will run 91 this weekend during road trip. Once again thanx Mike! Oh yeah Mike my only complaint is that I didn't get any 5 star swag, no stickers or a can coozey like last time lol

RAPTOR2012GR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my 2012 RAPTOR what can I do to pep it up the programer and what is that afe? Also whatis the best programer for the 6.2?

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This setup kicks ass! I know people say that the metal intake tube gets heat soaked.. And defeats the purpose of a CAI.. I have not seen ANY downsides to this setup! I highly recommend it!

-Greg

X_TACOMA_GUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on the tuner / CAI mod for my Raptor when it gets here. From what I have read, it sounds like a very nice package. Hopefully the noise from the CAI isn't too noticeable with the top cover.
As far as the tube becoming heat soaked. If that is a concern, couldn't the tube be wrapped in a thermo insulating tape?