Retrofit light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, it's more a function of the stock headlights with an HID bulb where the HID bulb is not in a projector so the light is scattered.

If you get an HID in a projector, the light, regardless of external housing will be much more focused and have a definite cut-off line at the top which will limit glare to on coming traffic. As you can see in his pic his stock housing just allows the HID bulb to shoot light everywhere with no limit.

Not only is that dangerous, it's damn annoying when driving toward someone with that set-up.

Go sit in a nice car with a good HID system and you'll see the line I'm speaking of.

~BGM

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Projectors with HID conversion

As I understand it, it's more a function of the stock headlights with an HID bulb where the HID bulb is not in a projector so the light is scattered.

If you get an HID in a projector, the light, regardless of external housing will be much more focused and have a definite cut-off line at the top which will limit glare to on coming traffic. As you can see in his pic his stock housing just allows the HID bulb to shoot light everywhere with no limit.

Not only is that dangerous, it's damn annoying when driving toward someone with that set-up.

Go sit in a nice car with a good HID system and you'll see the line I'm speaking of.

~BGM

I totally agree "Big Green Machine"

I have projectors installed and love them. Not sure if they are Recons or Spyder. I got them from my HID supplier. They were $375 + Tax.

I like the looks of mine. I didn't think I would like the halos but they have grown on me. Besides they look really cool when you hit the remote and your parking lights come on. The light output is pretty weak from the manufacture so I converted mine to 35 watt HID and I installed 100 watt H1 bulbs in the High beam location. I also made the Low beams come back on with the Hi beams. This was all done with one diode and two relays. So far now water issues others have reported.

9486-1.jpg

9488.jpg

OP
OP
C

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered lights from sick hids. Now I have a long wait. I am sure it will be wort it

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long is the wait?

He quoted me eight to twelve weeks.

I'm ok with that for the simple fact that

1) he's a one man operation and trying to keep prices down by not hiring anyone.

2) He's hella **** about the production and work quality so as he said on the phone, "I'd have to spend my whole time looking over the person's shoulder making sure they weren't F'in up my work" To me, that's EXACTLY the kind of person I want building my stuff, someone who's **** about the details.

I figure I'll have a month to month and a half with the OEM lights which will give me just enough time to be really tired of them!

~BGM

OP
OP
C

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told him to get a new set. It was 500 extra but worth it. I will sell mine when they come in

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine were done by brian at Sick Hids, i made a thread with pictures in this forum section. only thing i didnt like was the wait time.