RetraxPro MX vs Pace Edwards UltraGroove

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luis Cantu

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New here, will be buying a new to me 2017 in Avalanche tomorrow and of course, already thinking on mods before even having the truck.

First thing I'm going to get is a bed cover. I do a lot of mountain biking and need one that has T-tracks integrated so that i can install my Yakima crossbars, etc.

I have narrowed it down to the retrax pro mx and the pace Edwards ultra groove. Both seems awfully similar and the price point seems to be the same.

Any real life experience from any on you that makes me decide on one over the other?

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During my research on FRF I found more trucks with Retrax compared to anything else. I ordered mine thru @OffroadAlliance.com along with my rack setup and have been extremely happy. I actually had to call Retrax about an issue with one of the tracks , replacement was sent out quickly and customer service was on point. The one thing I would do differently is opt for the PRO version that has the aluminum vs polycarbonate cover for the added payload directly on the cover itself.

Need4SpeedMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have seen both in person as the manufacturers have done demos of the products for us. Personally, these two are highly similar.

The manufacturer warranty is longer on retrax covers.
The only other upside even though both covers lock with your tailgate, is that Retrax does also have a top lock which for me is just added security.

Let us know if you are ready to buy one! We are happy to help with your search or issue you a quote :D

Reaction score
Run as far away from retrax as you can. The length of my full story of dealing with them would bore you to death but I can assure you that the product is junk, they do everything they can to get out of covering anything under warranty, and their customer service is practically non existent. I would rather deal with the cable company than retrax.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Pace Edward on my 2017 the first day I got my truck and have zero issued. At first I installed the Yakama cross bar with two bake racks, and also a center rack. again zero issue. Now I got a custom made bed rack on it with a RTT and accessories (root pass, air tank, Maxtrax etc...) again no problem yet. The only issue is they are not all water tight and they all leak water, not much but they DO leak. So I have to plastic storage bins inside my bed to keep my things dry.DSC05747.JPG