Retrax PowerTrax Pro MX vs Roll-N-Lock RC101E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's ever going to move as smoothly as the non-powered ones. It's meant to be slow I believe cuz that's the way mine is.
And like I said the big advantage of power versus non power (for me) is that the power version can be locked into place anywhere along the track where is the non-powered one only locks at intervals throughout the track.

That feature comes in very handy when you need to carry things that might be big and bulky sticking out of the bed.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
I've had both.....and prefer the Retrax. As others have said....installed, it's a cleaner look. Plus, I haven't had any issues with my powered Retrax. I had to "reset" the Roll-n-lock several times per month to get it to work. Granted, this was several years ago and can't tell you if they are better now or not.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the Retrax power full lock once in the closed position? Or can it be pushed open? I know the manual Retrax covers have an actual lock. I also thought the non powered Retrax covers can be locked in place at any open position unlike the Roll n Lock covers?

I have been looking at both Retrax and Roll n Lock powered and non powered for my truck.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Retrax power full lock once in the closed position? Or can it be pushed open? I know the manual Retrax covers have an actual lock. I also thought the non powered Retrax covers can be locked in place at any open position unlike the Roll n Lock covers?

I have been looking at both Retrax and Roll n Lock powered and non powered for my truck.

If I understand you correctly, Yes the power MX locks in place anywhere that you stop it with the remote... So you can't just push it open once is locked. Hope that helps!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That pretty much answers it. I happened to read at least one review that said the friction lock it employs was weak, and you can push it open. That would mean, not good security. So I was curious.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That pretty much answers it. I happened to read at least one review that said the friction lock it employs was weak, and you can push it open. That would mean, not good security. So I was curious.

The manual option may suit you better. It’s locked and keyed.

We run one on our Super Duty. Let me know if we can help.