Retractable bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DALDeuce

Reaction score
I've owned my Raptor for about 2 months now and want to get a bed cover. I want to go with a retractable type and had it narrowed down to the Pace Edwards Jackrabbit and the TCUSA Roll Cover. I narrowed it down to these two as they have rail options that you can mount Thule or Yakima cross bars on. I was doing research online and for the Pace Edwards it says the cover impedes the use of the bed extender. I called Pace Edwards to confirm and they confirmed that is the case. Does anyone know if this is the case with all retractable type covers or just Pace Edwards? Does anyone have a retractable cover with the bed extender? TIA

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a bit of info if you live in an area that gets snow or ice that many retractable style covers will have issues opening. Which is why I went with a diamondback cover instead.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a RetraxPro and the bed extender and it works fine for me.

I have the Retrax One and it works fine with mine.

I have the OLD STYLE one peice bed extender on mine. I would assume the new version would be the same.

Just a bit of info if you live in an area that gets snow or ice that many retractable style covers will have issues opening. Which is why I went with a diamondback cover instead.

I live in Minnesota with plenty of snow, ice AND freezing temps 100 days out of the year and have never had issues with opening.

OP
OP
D

DALDeuce

Reaction score
Totally changed direction and ended up ordering a Roll-X through Morrie on Friday. Hope I made the right choice.

D

Deleted member 12951

I don't know how any cover would interfere with the bed extenders

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the cover adds a lip to the bed rail that could prevent you from flipping the bed extender.