Reprogramming MFT Sony Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camera installed along with the NAV-TV part and works perfectly. Actually the new front cameras image is way better than stock.

zyvin

Reaction score
Looking at the diagram below, I wonder how the non-sony ACM controls volume to the nav voice? I haven't run across a block diagram for the non-sony to see the difference. It seems that if they could re-flash the ACM to make RF and LF variable, they could also make the Nav signal variable (maybe?) Also, instead of re-flashing, what if you just subbed in a non-sony ACM, is it basically the same as re-flashing? I think Ford should re-flash ours for free out of disgust of the sony sound, lol.

Attachments

• SonySound1_zps0e784ea0.jpg
    SonySound1_zps0e784ea0.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the shop for what everyone thinks and has confirmed with vendors and Ford what will be a swap out of the head unit with an aftermarket head unit without losing any of seat heat AC controls.

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed jobs and have not had as much time for the forums but I had the Scosche dash kit with integrated HVAC installed along with a Pioneer NEX head unit. Ford F150 Dash Kit 2013, 2014, 2015 | FD6206B | by Scosche

It has been installed for about a month and everything is working perfectly. I still have my seat heater/AC controls with a much better listening experience with the aftermarket hardware installed. I will have a video posted soon on my youtube channel going over the Dash kit.

Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed jobs and have not had as much time for the forums but I had the Scosche dash kit with integrated HVAC installed along with a Pioneer NEX head unit. Ford F150 Dash Kit 2013, 2014, 2015 | FD6206B | by Scosche

It has been installed for about a month and everything is working perfectly. I still have my seat heater/AC controls with a much better listening experience with the aftermarket hardware installed. I will have a video posted soon on my youtube channel going over the Dash kit.

So you gave up the heated and cooled seat control correct?

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...like I said I still have seat heaters and seat cooling. Everything works just like stock except the cameras which I also had to replace but I no longer need Nav-TV - just the new Pioneer head unit.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...like I said I still have seat heaters and seat cooling. Everything works just like stock except the cameras which I also had to replace but I no longer need Nav-TV - just the new Pioneer head unit.

Thanks. I didn't realize the Scosche kit had the seat controls in the HVAC. That's interesting. Are you happy with the cosmetic fit and finish?

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes fit and finish is perfect - my video should be posted either later tonight or tomorrow morning on my youtube page and you can see for yourself