Reprogramming MFT Sony Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had this done for a while now and am still very pleased. I know I said I would do the final update but that may not happen until September. I also have not put the audio system details on my build page - it is on my to do list still. Been a very busy summer.

Dude at least post up the company's name or web link. Thanks

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was contacted by another member, and figured I would post up the info here for you. It's not something we're trying to keep an exclusive on.

The place we sent it to is

Mike @
Sounds Good Audio
303-912-4436
[email protected]

He's able to program the radio to a variable output. If you want the sync to work, he said he can do it, but will need the radio brick and the sync module both. I've not had that done yet though to verify. Be aware the turnaround was pretty slow for us.

The output after reprogram is totally flat from 20-20k, so it makes for a great signal to run with.

The menu's to make audio changes are kind of "out of the way" for dealers to mess with, but you're still probably better off going out of your way to tell the service dept not to make any changes to the audio settings.

Hope this helps!

Mike
Extreme Audio
804-559-3589
[email protected]

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Extreme pull both the radio brick and sync module and sent it back out to get them both updated. I will post results once I get the units back installed.

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked the best time to do this work - took forever to get back from Sounds Good Audio to Mike at Extreme. I am scheduled to get it re-installed on the 16th. There is an additional wire that will need to be added for the voice commands and as soon as I get info from Extreme I will post it here.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked the best time to do this work - took forever to get back from Sounds Good Audio to Mike at Extreme. I am scheduled to get it re-installed on the 16th. There is an additional wire that will need to be added for the voice commands and as soon as I get info from Extreme I will post it here.

Good luck. With the massive problems I've had with Sync I'm scared of doing anything to it. Hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first part of the update worked flawlessly and made a huge difference in the quality of sound. I have not really had problems with the Sync - only issue has been the quality of the audio with the stock hardware.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I have had this done for a while now and am still very pleased. I know I said I would do the final update but that may not happen until September. I also have not put the audio system details on my build page - it is on my to do list still. Been a very busy summer.

Been meaning to post the hardware that was installed by Extreme. I updated my build page finally last week:

JL Audio HD900 5-channel amplifier
JL Audio Remote Level Control
Alpine SWR-T10 shallow sub with custom sub enclosure
AudioControl LCQ-1
German Maestro Epic 6508 2-way component/coaxial speakers (2 pair)
JL Audio Stealthbox with custom selector switch
Factory Sync head unit flashed for variable output

There is a bunch of Dynamat installed as well. I have two subs but they are independent of each other. I had Extreme build a custom sub enclosure for the Alpine that replaced the stock sub. Then for the 80% of the time I don't have a need for space I had a second sub installed (the Stealthbox) with a switch that I can change between the two subs. Most of the time the JL is being used but when I need the space I can raise the seat, pull out the sub (wire just plugs in by switch) and put in garage and hit the switch. I then have use of the other sub under the passenger side seat. Pretty neat setup that did for me and it got the wife stamp of approval which is always a good thing.

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a couple weeks ago I had the re-flashed sync module reinstalled and there was additional work needed to get the voice working. After all of the re-flashing the head unit works exactly as before except it thinks I have the stock speaker system and not the Sony system. All of the functions work except for some of the voice feedback. Some of the voice feedback comes through the normal amplification while certain things like Navigation the audio is sent out differently. This is where the additional work is needed. The company that flashed the unit sent instructions that stated that the original amp would need to be reconnected back to the head unit to amplify the voice audio but the diagrams sent did not match anything existing wiring wise to the Raptor. So what had to happen is a very small amp was installed with a gain knob installed on the passenger side front of the console (the front lip on either side of the latch has room). I have the bass gain knob on driver side so they matched the knob on passenger side for voice gain. Looks good and works great.

This is where another problem arose - the front camera no longer works. We disconnected the NAV-TV and still no front camera. A call back to Sounds Good Audio and they were unaware of cameras being stock on the Raptor. The thought now is that once the radio was reflashed to a standard F150 system and since no other F150 has stock camera the radio has no clue what to do when camera is sent to it. So another visit is in the works to address that. The solution is to get a different NAV-TV interface and connect to the camera directly. Then add a Halo switch between the gain knobs on the console to turn on and off the front camera. This final phase is work is going to be scheduled in beginning of March and I will report back with final results. Along with some pictures.

UPDATE - I just realized that the camera is not an analog camera so going with the above will not work. The guys at Extreme are looking at options which may be replacing front camera with something different. I have gone this far so I may as well go the rest of the way LOL

Last edited: