Report: 2019 F-150 Raptor To Receive Ford’s New 7.0L DOHC V8 Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Okay smarty pants, name one modern, high performance vehicle that gets less HP per L than the G1. It was a dinosaur in 2011 and it has only fallen further behind since then.

It’s not about that... it is ALL about reliability. That IS what you want in an off-road vehicle right?

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not really that tunable. Ford didn't leave all that much on the table, it seems.

I’d say 70hp and 150ft/lbs with a tune, intercooler, and intake is pretty tunable. Add some $150 turbo adapters and there’s another 30-40hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay smarty pants, name one modern, high performance vehicle that gets less HP per L than the G1. It was a dinosaur in 2011 and it has only fallen further behind since then.

Horsepower per liter? :ROFLJest:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations, looks like you finally get the joke that the 6.2L is in a performance vehicle.

Horsepower per liter is the joke, bro. It was made up by the marketing department of car companies that sold slow cars in the 80s. And thinking a Raptor is a performance vehicle is also a joke. And so is putting a Taurus SHO motor in a full size truck. And so is the Ecoboost's low end torque. And its reliability. And its longevity. And let's not forget about the sound.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Horsepower per liter is the joke, bro. It was made up by the marketing department of car companies that sold slow cars in the 80s. And thinking a Raptor is a performance vehicle is also a joke. And so is putting a Taurus SHO motor in a full size truck. And so is the Ecoboost's low end torque. And its reliability. And its longevity. And let's not forget about the sound.

Even Chrysler makes a better engine than the 6.7L. Ford put the 3.5LTT in the Raptor and the GT because it is the best engine for the job period. You go ahead and enjoy all those 125hp the 6.2L puts out at 1,500rpm. Personally I find it a lot more fun flogging my Raptor in the 4k to 6k range. You should try it.

dasyrup

Reaction score
I even used the tab button this time for proper written English for you guys lol. Anyway while turbos on street cars like the Porsche 911 are built for the street, a little research in what these trucks were built for, which is the baha 1000 and similar type pre runner races mint 400 etc...yields little to no results of these types of vehicles running 6tt units in they're race packages even in the stock category.
If our performance cars and trucks are cousins of the race versions then the new raptor to my knowledge is in a field all by itself. The good news is it finished 3rd in its class at the baha 1000 without turbo issues same placement as it's predecessor in 2010.
Now let's get to the non performance f150 trucks. The YouTube vid I'm attaching yes does have Ford techs in here that know way less than we do but never the less the results on a 3.5tt vs a 5.0 V8 are more than convincing. We are after all talking about pickups not track monsters like a 997. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FBCjtAEILDAI&usg=AOvVaw3bIaQVRa1wbhoQJvPVL120

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even Chrysler makes a better engine than the 6.7L. Ford put the 3.5LTT in the Raptor and the GT because it is the best engine for the job period. You go ahead and enjoy all those 125hp the 6.2L puts out at 1,500rpm. Personally I find it a lot more fun flogging my Raptor in the 4k to 6k range. You should try it.

Mine makes over 700 horsepower in that range.

But I don't cruise along on the highway or even around town at high RPM. It's the low end torque that makes the difference in day to day driving. But you wouldn't know about that, would you?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine makes over 700 horsepower in that range.

But I don't cruise along on the highway or even around town at high RPM. It's the low end torque that makes the difference in day to day driving. But you wouldn't know about that, would you?

LOL, now you are bragging about daily driving your 700hp Raptor around at 1,500 RPM. Sounds like the worst of both worlds to me. Horrible gas milage and super low output. What do you get out of those 125hp @ 1,500, 6mpg?