Report: 2019 F-150 Raptor To Receive Ford’s New 7.0L DOHC V8 Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn! How did I miss this thread!? First Rappuppy, where ya been, been a while since I heard your yap!
First, it has been fun to read the jennys talk about how great the v6tt is. All the while these threads come up of when do we get a V8? Just curious, you NEVER see us Gen 1 owners wishing for a new motor. Hummmmm
And YES, the Gen 2 is faster on the road stop sign to stop sign. You Win!!
But let us remember most of us own 2 rides. So if we gonna go head to head I ain’t stupid!
Off road- door one the GEN 1
On road- door two the VETTE
Yep both have lame ass 6.2, maybe not stock��

If we’re racing stop sign to stop sign, nothing beats a sport-bike. If we’re comparing elite level performance on 4 wheels, all the best cars and trucks have forced induction. Some have super chargers, but most use turbos, and when we get to the very top of the pyramid, they’re all hybrids. The 6.2L in the G1 is only slightly more advanced than the 1970s tech of carburetors and distributors. That’s why the hp/L, hp/lbs, and hp/gal is so low.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
If the 6.2 is such a great thing and all, why do so many seem so insecure about it?

How are you drawing the relationship that 6.2 owners are insecure about it? I think it’s exactly the opposite - they are proud of that engine and its reliability.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I've had this same conversation with my friends only it was in highschool and it was the 4.0 ohv vs. 4.0 sohc. Turns out ford wants to make each generation better, what a concept. Gen 1 trucks are still the 2nd best truck to buy it is simply a matter of newer and more refined tech vs. older proven tech. That being said I will most likely buy a gen1 for a work truck when they drop in price the next few years. Why a raptor for a work truck? Because I can.

Sasquatch78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you drawing the relationship that 6.2 owners are insecure about it? I think it’s exactly the opposite - they are proud of that engine and its reliability.

Still trolling Ford Ecoboost internet sites instead of cleaning your room?

You are SO grounded! And no more xbox for you.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the 6.2 is such a great thing and all, why do so many seem so insecure about it? If it’s all that, who among them would care about the 3.5TT?

If all the people who claim the 6.2 is not just good, grrrreat! were that convinced, then these threads would whither away and die a quick death

7.0 indeed. Poseurs. Next gen Raptor will be external combustion. :flipthebird:

Do READ all you quote or just not comprehend?!
Let me restate as before SHOW ME ONE THREAD WHERE THE 6.2 FOLKS TALK ABOUT WANTING, HOPING, WISHING FOR ANOTHER ENGINE. Yep, no such thread:flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird:
Hell even in YOUR answer you speak of another engine for the future Gen.’s. While we say just bring back the V8/6.2

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll take the super tunable twin turbo 3.5 over any NA v8... NA V8's are a dying breed, they really aren't that great.

It's not really that tunable. Ford didn't leave all that much on the table, it seems.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

If we’re racing stop sign to stop sign, nothing beats a sport-bike. If we’re comparing elite level performance on 4 wheels, all the best cars and trucks have forced induction. Some have super chargers, but most use turbos, and when we get to the very top of the pyramid, they’re all hybrids. The 6.2L in the G1 is only slightly more advanced than the 1970s tech of carburetors and distributors. That’s why the hp/L, hp/lbs, and hp/gal is so low.

This is an insanely stupid post bro. The 1977 Trans Am made 200 horse out of 6.6 liters. The 6.2 in the Gen 1 makes 411 and gets better gas mileage in a 3 ton truck. And still puts out less pollution than a leaf blower.

And on top of that you can supercharge it and make 750-800 horsepower and all of the above still holds true.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Do READ all you quote or just not comprehend?!
Let me restate as before SHOW ME ONE THREAD WHERE THE 6.2 FOLKS TALK ABOUT WANTING, HOPING, WISHING FOR ANOTHER ENGINE. Yep, no such thread:flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird:
Hell even in YOUR answer you speak of another engine for the future Gen.’s. While we say just bring back the V8/6.2

^^^ agree. Us 6.2 folks are completely happy and have NO desire for a different engine.... especially something as unproven as the double turbo ecoboost 10spd. Yikes... I just want to make sure once I get on the trail, that I can get off without mechanical incident.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^ agree. Us 6.2 folks are completely happy and have NO desire for a different engine.... especially something as unproven as the double turbo ecoboost 10spd. Yikes... I just want to make sure once I get on the trail, that I can get off without mechanical incident.

sasquatch, pls

:specialed:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

How many of you troll the Gen2 forum?
How many of us troll the Gen1 forum?

I pose the same question to you McSasquatch.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not really that tunable. Ford didn't leave all that much on the table, it seems.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

This is an insanely stupid post bro. The 1977 Trans Am made 200 horse out of 6.6 liters. The 6.2 in the Gen 1 makes 411 and gets better gas mileage in a 3 ton truck. And still puts out less pollution than a leaf blower.

And on top of that you can supercharge it and make 750-800 horsepower and all of the above still holds true.

Okay smarty pants, name one modern, high performance vehicle that gets less HP per L than the G1. It was a dinosaur in 2011 and it has only fallen further behind since then.