Removing Front License Plate Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I saw a thread here from an owner in Dubai where the OEM plate location was offset like that... maybe it's a Dubai only part number?

You may be right. I just found an older pic of the first Gen2's to arrive in Dubai.

Attachments

• 3a2bf40d2e42d7a7ca2c0c88e515153a.jpg
    3a2bf40d2e42d7a7ca2c0c88e515153a.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 161

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how much was that kit, also how does it install?

I just drilled 2 small holes in the bumper pad and screwed the license plate to it.
However, I bought a new lower grill/bumper pad assembly so I could have a mint one with no holes drilled in it.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drilled 2 small holes in the bumper pad and screwed the license plate to it.
However, I bought a new lower grill/bumper pad assembly so I could have a mint one with no holes drilled in it.

gotcha, how much was the pad? i would prefer to do this if i ever had to throw the front plate on lol.

edit: is part #14 the new part you got? looked at my truck and it seems like it's one piece?

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...ine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gotcha, how much was the pad? i would prefer to do this if i ever had to throw the front plate on lol.

The lower grill and bumper pad on each side is all one piece. It cost me around $90 at the local dealer about a year ago. You could probably find it cheaper online.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lower grill and bumper pad on each side is all one piece. It cost me around $90 at the local dealer about a year ago. You could probably find it cheaper online.

ah yeah that's the right part, good to know. hopefully I won't need to use it haha.

NHnewbie

Reaction score
I am now able to confirm that the front license plate bracket on my 2018 SCrew is attached with pop rivets, Ford PN W717787 S417, four to a package, about $2.

The license plate bracket is Ford PN HL3Z 17A385 AB if anyone interested. About $27.