Remote Start Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014Rappy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have had my truck for about 3 months and has almost 4000 miles. My remote start has worked flawlessly. Every morning my remote start works and it hasnt been till like 1530 when i leave work, i hit the start and i just here a single starter click and then nothing. I get in my truck and try it and it has the normal remote start screens come up and doesnt start and then it honks. But if i start it normally, it starts right up. So i dont know it has happened twice now and its only been when i leave work. battery def not low.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have had my truck for about 3 months and has almost 4000 miles. My remote start has worked flawlessly. Every morning my remote start works and it hasnt been till like 1530 when i leave work, i hit the start and i just here a single starter click and then nothing. I get in my truck and try it and it has the normal remote start screens come up and doesnt start and then it honks. But if i start it normally, it starts right up. So i dont know it has happened twice now and its only been when i leave work. battery def not low.

Should be covered under warranty. Probably a loose wire.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not ....but replace battery in key fob,have had same issue with both my Raptors. It will fix it .

OP
OP
2014Rappy

2014Rappy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if i go to the dealer, they are just going to tell me its fine and they can't duplicate the problem. So anyone know what battery goes in our Fobs?

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has been a couple times, I went to remote start my truck, and if you hit the button/ double tap to fast it false starts ( one crank, and nothing) have to get in truck to start it after that, won't reset with the key remote/fob.
Have to push the button steady double click.
If thats not your case, see dealer.

OP
OP
2014Rappy

2014Rappy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright will make sure i do that. Thanks for the replies guys and will repost if problem continues.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, but it happens so infrequently it's hard to troubleshoot. But I'll put in fresh batteries and avoid double clicking too fast to see if that helps.