GEN 2 Rear fender flare removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ADY

Reaction score
They aren't that hard to remove - you can buy a new one, already painted from Ford. Rear ones are about $250 ish or so. Here is a video on how to remove...

Tasca is saying these only come primed. Can anyone confirm if I'll need to have them painted to match the factory fender flare stock dark gray? Not looking to body match the color, just want the stock fender flare color:
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wheel-opening-molding-hl3z9929164aa/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9ZXh0ZXJpb3ItdHJpbS1waWNrLXVwLWJveCZpPU1BMTI3NTU1JnI9MyZhPWZvcmQmbz1mLTE1MCZ5PTIwMTgmdD1yYXB0b3ImZT0zLTVsLXY2LWdhcw==

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not my truck. I just posted the video to show how to remove the fender flares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hah...sorry!

I still think variety is great; easier and a whole lot nicer to just say “it’s not my taste”. Someone may think what you did to your Raptor is silly, ugly or unnecessary (not you nikhsub1).

Shawn Howell

Reaction score
I recently rubbed some of the paint off my passenger side rear fender flare, no damage to the plastic. When getting a price to repaint, the company mentioned the part can be damaged when removing and could need replacing.

Have any of you dealt with a similar issue and does removing the flare usually end up with damage and needing replacement?

Just what to make sure I am not facing a higher bill than needed.

Thanks
I’ve taken mine off twice all four broke a few clips but found more at autozone no problems

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the plastic cover that's just behind the rear flares? Mine have some CO pinstripes and I want to pull them all and have them bed lined. Thanks!