Raptor vs Track Hawk depreciation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My two CT’s. Trackhawk is an SUV, it’s not a truck. So it’s fast compared to the Rap. It can’t do half what the Rap does. Navigators have the Rap engine and is fast but they are fast SUV’s like the trackhawk and our wives drive them while we drive the Raps. Who buys a vehicle for its resale value? I don’t think any of us bought our Raps based on what we would get when we sell or trade it in. Take care of it and it will hold its value better than most other vehicles if that’s your concern. I guarantee it holds better than an SUV I don’t care how fast the SUV is. Want something fast, buy a Shelby 500, a Lamborghini, etc, then when you want to have real fun take your Rap out and get it dirty for a day. Soooo much FUN!

Cerebus

Reaction score
I want the Trackhawk first and foremost, but wifey has nixed another SUV. She said, "why don't you just get a Raptor?"o_O

Mike cip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both (18 T/H and 19 RP) and neither are an "investment" buy them both or just the one that makes you happy.

Mokey

Reaction score
And I feel the 6.2L is helping the Gen 1's hold resale. I like hearing my Gen 1 start up, and the Gen 2's as much as I like the ecoboost, sound more like a mustang.

Tony Walker

Reaction score
As much as I love my Raptor I keep day dreaming about the Jeep Track Hawk as well. I mentioned it to my buddy who thinks I would be crazy to give up my Raptor for a Track Hawk thinking it will depreciate much quicker. Although depreciation is not the end all be all it does matter to me so I was wondering what others thoughts were on this?

Anyone here currently own or previously owned a Jeep Track

fordnewbie

Reaction score
Hopefully I don't hurt anyone's feelings by saying I don't think the gen 2 Raptor will share the same resale value as the gen 1 Raptor is known for. For 2 main reasons - Ford made a ton of them and they just aren't as beloved as the first gen.

As for the Trackhawk - it's an FCA vehicle, so any short term value will erode quickly.

Yeah, um, wrong.

I just traded a 2018 Raptor on a 2019. $69k original sticker. Got $60k on the trade. 22k miles after 20 months. Never had a vehicle hold 87% after two years