Raptor Top Speed Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha. Ill probably end up going there with some friends. He wants to take his m3 or his Audi

Ya, it's better to keep this sort of racing to an actual race track. I used to live at the track my self running a Supercharged Harley and T-Type Regal. Now days I worry more about travel than HP, travel to and offroader is like HP to a drag racer.

Michaelkgorski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, it's better to keep this sort of racing to an actual race track. I used to live at the track my self running a Supercharged Harley and T-Type Regal. Now days I worry more about travel than HP, travel to and offroader is like HP to a drag racer.

Ya makes sense. I mostly just tow my rzr out and play with that since playing with the raptor costs more lol. So I just wanted something to satisfy my sports car craving without getting a new car. But I will probably end up upgrading the suspension next year. I alrdy have bumpy stop and Deaver springs (for the towing) so just need some 3.0 , unless we decide to cut into the bed and get 3.5, 4.0

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya makes sense. I mostly just tow my rzr out and play with that since playing with the raptor costs more lol. So I just wanted something to satisfy my sports car craving without getting a new car. But I will probably end up upgrading the suspension next year. I alrdy have bumpy stop and Deaver springs (for the towing) so just need some 3.0 , unless we decide to cut into the bed and get 3.5, 4.0

That's going to be one mean Raptor when you're done! You got a build thread?

I'm a late bloomer, bought the truck new in 2010 and I'm just now starting to mod it.

Michaelkgorski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's going to be one mean Raptor when you're done! You got a build thread?

I'm a late bloomer, bought the truck new in 2010 and I'm just now starting to mod it.

I'll probably post the whipple when it's done. But I'm like u. I got mine in early '11. And probably won't post anything bout the shocks for at least 6 months. Cuz it depends if they come out with a new raptor! I hope not i just got the whipple :,(

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll probably post the whipple when it's done. But I'm like u. I got mine in early '11. And probably won't post anything bout the shocks for at least 6 months. Cuz it depends if they come out with a new raptor! I hope not i just got the whipple :,(

I'm twisted when it comes to a new Raptor, on one side I really hope they produce a next Gen Raptor but on the other hand I just paid this one off and don't want another truck payment lol

Michaelkgorski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm twisted when it comes to a new Raptor, on one side I really hope they produce a next Gen Raptor but on the other hand I just paid this one off and don't want another truck payment lol

Exactly. I guess we just have to enjoy what we've got. Like I found out today mine was made 1/11/11 on Tuesday. Most efficient work day. And I'm finding out which number mine was. This will b exciting

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. I guess we just have to enjoy what we've got. Like I found out today mine was made 1/11/11 on Tuesday. Most efficient work day. And I'm finding out which number mine was. This will b exciting

I haven't looked into my build date but I'm pretty sure it was around April/May 2010...earlier 6.2Ls.

So how many pounds are you going with on your Whiple?

Michaelkgorski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked into my build date but I'm pretty sure it was around April/May 2010...earlier 6.2Ls.

So how many pounds are you going with on your Whiple?

Just the normal 8-9 psi. I'm not drag racing. I just want some horsepowah! - plus if I did more I would have to get the $800 heat exchanger upgrade and large fan which I may do eventually anyway we shall see