Raptor Shipping Companies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattrofact

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recomemndation for a company to ship from Ohio to California. Just closed a deal on a 2018 802a SCAB in Ohio. Decided to go 2018 over waiting for my 2019 allocation to get pulled on an 801a after seeing them show up without the "productivity" better dash screen.

*Side note, would up getting the 2018 802a with beadlocks for the same price as the 2019 801a and no beadlocks. Win/Win.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recomemndation for a company to ship from Ohio to California. Just closed a deal on a 2018 802a SCAB in Ohio. Decided to go 2018 over waiting for my 2019 allocation to get pulled on an 801a after seeing them show up without the "productivity" better dash screen.

*Side note, would up getting the 2018 802a with beadlocks for the same price as the 2019 801a and no beadlocks. Win/Win.
I can see you stole a car in Kent OH. Congrats
Hope you got atleast $6k under MSRP.? If you didn't, then go to klabenfordonline and snatch one.
Ask the dealership they will hook you up. They use carriers to receive cars

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know who you end up going with, I looked into this when I almost bought one out of state and the shipping quotes I got were pretty high.

Congrats on the truck!

OP
OP
M

mattrofact

Reaction score
I can see you stole a car in Kent OH. Congrats
Hope you got atleast $6k under MSRP.? If you didn't, then go to klabenfordonline and snatch one.
Ask the dealership they will hook you up. They use carriers to receive cars
Only white scab with CA emissions without all the options I didn't want. If you have 6k in add ons you didnt want, a $6000 savings doesn't mean Jack... I saved over 6K from the same equipped 2019. Your an "engineer", you do the math. You would come into this thread spouting the same BS you do in every other thread and with 0 help about the posted question. Get a life dude.

OP
OP
M

mattrofact

Reaction score
Let us know who you end up going with, I looked into this when I almost bought one out of state and the shipping quotes I got were pretty high.

Congrats on the truck!
So far 5 companies are all from 1500-1750 for the 2500 mile trip. Almost the same as the governments mileage write of rate... haha

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We used a covered transport when we purchased a Mini Cooper from a dealership in Saint Louis.
CAVEAT - inspect your truck completely on the outside before signing any paperwork upon delivery.

REASON: Research proved that the dealership had pictures of the Mini before it was shipped and was useful in proving certain damage was not on the vehicle prior to shipping.

It all worked out well in the end.
$1500 for covered transport - we thought that was a decent deal even back in 2009!

The reason I cannot recommend them is that the transport company attempted to blame the damage in transport to the dealership. That didn't work and was just evasion tactics.

OP
OP
M

mattrofact

Reaction score
We used a covered transport when we purchased a Mini Cooper from a dealership in Saint Louis.
CAVEAT - inspect your truck completely on the outside before signing any paperwork upon delivery.

REASON: Research proved that the dealership had pictures of the Mini before it was shipped and was useful in proving certain damage was not on the vehicle prior to shipping.

It all worked out well in the end.
$1500 for covered transport - we thought that was a decent deal even back in 2009!

The reason I cannot recommend them is that the transport company attempted to blame the damage in transport to the dealership. That didn't work and was just evasion tactics.
10-4 appreciate the feed back, I'm flying out to do a full inspection of the vehicle and sign the documents. Ill be sure to take photos and video of the truck with the shippers truck in the background for proof of condition prior to handover.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10-4 appreciate the feed back, I'm flying out to do a full inspection of the vehicle and sign the documents. Ill be sure to take photos and video of the truck with the shippers truck in the background for proof of condition prior to handover.

Why would you not just drive it back if youre flying out to inspect the vehicle?

OP
OP
M

mattrofact

Reaction score
Why would you not just drive it back if youre flying out to inspect the vehicle?
2500 miles, would take 3 days, don’t have time to take off from work right now, plus flight was free from work airmiles. If you factor in gas, hotel, plus 2 days of salary it’s a wash. Family in Ohio gives me something to do/place to stay when I fly out initially.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2500 miles, would take 3 days, don’t have time to take off from work right now, plus flight was free from work airmiles. If you factor in gas, hotel, plus 2 days of salary it’s a wash. Family in Ohio gives me something to do/place to stay when I fly out initially.

You should expect between 1200-1500$ shipping cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk