Raptor Roundup in Vegas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've kept in touch with Mike and I invited him to join us on future Raptor Runs. He sent me an email from his BlackBerry:

Dan,

Thanks for the offer on the outings. It would be tough in the near future with a 2 year old, 6 year old, and grad school. They sound like a blast and if I can talk my mom into watching the kids in the fall I may try to swing it.

For Saturday, I think we'll run the Raptor owners through the track and then the course through the duned at 10, 12, and 2. We'll talk to the local pro drivers tomorrow and see if they have some other favorite routes nearby. VORE has some special permits for an area nearby fro the BLM, but I'm not sure on the stips.

I think we have a good group coming out on Saturday and it should be a blast. If I get some more info tomorrow I'll try and share.

Thanks!
Mike McNellis

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'ts just before 5am here in Santa Cruz - I'll be on the road in about an hr. See everyone in Lost Wages.

AuPanda

Reaction score
Here is to a safe and speedy trip for all those traveling to Vegas. Hope the Raptor God keeps everyone safe.

SniperRaptorJesus.jpg

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks 'Panda! Great pic! LOLz.

Getting ready to head out. Gonna be a LOOONG night, but the payoff should be worth it :)

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've arrived at the El Cortez, after an 8.5 hr drive. All checked in, now time for some refreshments!

Mike McNellis

Ford Rep
Reaction score
For those thinking about washing the trucks, it will be covered in mud about 3 seconds after the first corner. I had an absolute blast today testing out the track. I'm looking forward to seeing some really big smiles tomorrow.

What I learned today - take your hat off while in the truck. Your head will hit the headliner. Everything loose in the cupholders will fly all over the cab. Seatbelts are well designed and we should thank whoever thought them up. Vegas is almost as hot as Phoenix. Raptors are awesome. Those are the initial thoughts. See you in the morning!