GEN 2 Raptor, RAM, Colorado comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading this article a couple years ago. Add Deavers + hydraulic bumps and no other truck with this $$$$ in mods will be close at speed on a rough road.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
quote from the article..."This isn't what the truck was designed for".....ok...then why are you grading it for something it is not designed to do. And comparing a mid size to a full size is not apples to apples.

Would you give bad grade to a GT500 because it doesn't do the daily commute to work very well?

Car magazines have always been in the pockets of the auto manufacturers. And new sells. Therefore the Chevy ZR2 Colorado being the new kid on the block is going to get all the love for the foreseeable future.

Our beloved Raptor is now 3 years old, and 3 years old doesn't sell magazines, which doesn't sell magazine advertisements.

Raptor is still the best full size baja focused off road truck you can buy. even at 3 years old.

Carlos M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quote from the article..."This isn't what the truck was designed for".....ok...then why are you grading it for something it is not designed to do. And comparing a mid size to a full size is not apples to apples.

Would you give bad grade to a GT500 because it doesn't do the daily commute to work very well?

Car magazines have always been in the pockets of the auto manufacturers. And new sells. Therefore the Chevy ZR2 Colorado being the new kid on the block is going to get all the love for the foreseeable future.

Our beloved Raptor is now 3 years old, and 3 years old doesn't sell magazines, which doesn't sell magazine advertisements.

Raptor is still the best full size baja focused off road truck you can buy. even at 3 years old.

AMEN!!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Consider the source - Motor Trend... the magazine that gives out something like 100 awards to whoever buys the most ads.
I’m guessing Ford hadn’t advertised in the magazine that month.

correct...the only reason Chevy wins so many JD power awards, is because they are the only ones who pay for that right.

Seriously. research it. The business model is....we (JD Power) will review your product, and give you an award for it. You then pay us a fee to license the award we gave you so you can use that award in your marketing campaigns.

But gullible consumers fall into it hook line and hand grenade.

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Raptor beats them all hands down
It’s not even a contest

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Colorado a few years ago and it looked pathetic, not a fan

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
quote from the article..."Isn't this what the truck was designed for".....ok...then why are you grading it for something it is not designed to do. And comparing a mid size to a full size is not apples to apples.

Would you give bad grade to a GT500 because it doesn't do the daily commute to work very well?...

I corrected the 2 words that you transposed (not to be a jerk), but it changes the argument a bit. The guy was complaining about an off-road focused truck that doesn't do off-road. I didn't read that article, I got the truck, I'm not gonna take it back because of a reviewer that likes a Chevy or Ram better than my truck, BUT, i will say that, as wide as our trucks are, i'm not super comfortable taking it on some single track (i got a loan to pay off!).

Frankly, I do think the tails on our trucks are light, I had a couple of hundred #s in the bed yesterday sitting on some new Icon leafs (option 1) and the truck rode so well I noticed the difference. Maybe the article author just needs some help with his setup :)