Raptor R intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t lie, I’m not impressed by your common sense though in this day and age, I probably should be. Sad but true.
40 miles isn't nearly enough to get a running average. 40 miles can be susceptible to climbing hills, or descending down hills, and will skew the numbers. By running more miles, you will remove the outliers and find a much stronger average. I don't think anyone has ever said that having more sample points is a bad thing.

foremanrd

Reaction score
40 miles isn't nearly enough to get a running average. 40 miles can be susceptible to climbing hills, or descending down hills, and will skew the numbers. By running more miles, you will remove the outliers and find a much stronger average. I don't think anyone has ever said that having more sample points is a bad thing.
I suppose the common sense was missed. I installed and took wife to dinner. That is the absolute EXTENT of my feedback. Not trying to skew anything…lol. Remember to breathe. We seem to over analyze common sense and under analyze things that truly matter. I suppose my R identifies as a Prius. I don’t feel the need to show what the truck can do every time I drive it. I guess that makes me a rare owner. I drive it to work. My 74 Chevy with a 383 gets 8mpg to and from work so I’m averaging 11mpg if it makes anyone feel better. I simply wanted to provide feedback to anyone with more sense than money. I was asked immediately and that is what I had to provide. Take it how you will but as time goes on, it is absolutely clear people have more feelings than anyone asked for.

Last edited:

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose the common sense was missed. I installed and took wife to dinner. That is the absolute EXTENT of my feedback. Not trying to skew anything…lol. Remember to breathe. We seem to over analyze common sense and under analyze things that truly matter. I suppose my R identifies as a Prius. I don’t feel the need to show what the truck can do every time I drive it. I guess that makes me a rare owner. I drive it to work. My 74 Chevy with a 383 gets 8mpg to and from work so I’m averaging 11mpg if it makes anyone feel better. I simply wanted to provide feedback to anyone with more sense than money. I was asked immediately and that is what I had to provide. Take it how you will but as time goes on, it is absolutely clear people have more feelings than anyone asked for.
I sense an overwhelming amount of boomer justification and degradation. This is the same sort of odd and awkward conversation I hear from my old man, its vomit-worthy.

foremanrd

Reaction score
I sense an overwhelming amount of boomer justification and degradation. This is the same sort of odd conversation I hear from my father, it’s vomit-worthy.
Apparently your feelings have been hurt. I’m far from a boomer. Good try. 74 was built before I was a thought. You must be very privileged and not recognize it. I’m sorry. For those interested, I have no complaints so far. If interested in a couple months, just holler.

Last edited:

Hard R

Reaction score
Can anyone with the new intake report their performance/sound/feel improvement?

I did find these 2 documents on the SB website.

Considering SB or the Ford Performance.

Thanks.

Back on topic, any insight on real world performance improvements.

SB cost $500 and uses proprietary filter. Ford filters can be had for $100 and more readily available. Worth the extra coin? Thoughts?

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on topic, any insight on real world performance improvements.

SB cost $500 and uses proprietary filter. Ford filters can be had for $100 and more readily available. Worth the extra coin? Thoughts?
S&B also claims to provide additional blower volume. Not sure how real that is, or if you really have to be beating on it to get any added value.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the R is right there with the Gen 1. My trip to Topeka, Ks and back last week, 5 hr each way. I had a head wind going and a tail wind on the way back, did 5 over on the way there(mostly 80 mph), on the way back did the speed limit(mostly 75). Averaged 11.3 on the way there and 15.6 on the way back. Wind played a significant roll in the results.