Raptor R Fake Engine Noise in Cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those as me who has disabled with Forscan the fake engine noise, I can say , there is not a huge difference between the two sets, just a few more quiet inside without, which I apreciate !
It's strange from Ford to have done this option. No sens on Raptor R , I suppose it make enough noise !

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most modern sports cars do this - they have to meet external noise regulations so amplify the driver’s experience with augmentation

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be interesting what will happen with EVs

Dodge is putting in fake exhaust pipes on their muscle EVs.

It’s not new. Ford has been doing this since 2018. Can be turned off.

My 2017 Raptor has it. I generally don't care about it one way or the other, but I believe the volume changes with the volume of the audio system, so it's annoying at louder volumes. Maybe not on OEM systems.

I think future generations will look back at laugh at the silly games we play with engine exhaust noises when every vehicle is an in EV in 3035.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read a Hot Rod article last week about new Z06 Vette.
Tailpipes were designed with a parabolic reflective edge on the tips because...
not enough engine noise making it's way back into the cockpit to driver without them.
Sounded like a lot of time and engineering hours went into the tips.

I was under the impression LOTS of vehicles have been using the sound systems to add and augment engine sound.
Sure seems like our Expedition's subwoofer makes some growl above and beyond what comes out the tailpipe.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get forscan to hook up to my 24 R .. not successfully yet. it must be that new of a network. just read how to get the strategy # tell forscan the strategy and will be able to experience the difference. was imagining maybe they pipe the SC noise too.. the cabs are so ultra quiet now..
if i get it to connect, I'd like to see if there's a noticeable difference in it.