Raptor Order Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was finally able to bring up my window sticker this morning (scheduled to be built 5/3/13) and noticed that it was missing the front/rear view camera option (76F) that was negotiated on my quote. Two questions:

1. What are my options with respect to getting it added? I have always been under the impression that once it was scheduled, no changes could be made (at least not without major delays).

2. Is there any other functionality with this option besides the addition of the front camera (I have the rear view in the 801A package already)?

I don't really take it off road that much (covered in depth in another thread, so "haters" need not comment), so other than the coolness factor (which will probably wear off after a month or so), it probably wouldn't get all that much use. I'm thinking if it can't be added, I should be "entitled" to something from the dealer for ******** up my order, correct? Plus I would be saving $525.

Thoughts?

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the front camera and it only works in off road mode. I don't think you will use it unless you plan on off-roading.

OP
OP
G

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My salesman (truck manager at the dealership) actually called and was super cool...admitted he f'ed up and missed it on the order sheet. Said he has a contact at Ford who has "worked miracles" for him in the past. He said he spoke with her and that she would see what she could do and would let us know on Monday (truck is scheduled for next Friday).

He said I certainly didn't have to take delivery of the truck (ummm, ya right, I'll refuse the truck over a missing front camera after waiting 12 weeks just for it to be built?...I think not) and he would fully refund my deposit.

Anyway, I told him that it wasn't a deal breaker and to forget about the front camera if it meant the truck would be delayed any further. I know some would be a hardass about this, but it really isn't that big of an issue (for me). Not going to hold his hand over the coals for a $525 option that I won't use that much. Now if he screwed up the color or didn't put in the 801A, then it would be a different situation.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try to get it added. You put it on there originally because you wanted it. If you don't, you will regret it later.
ALSO, ask the dealer to compensate their error. Get a spray in bed liner or tonneau cover added, or extended warranty for no charge. Is they are a good dealer, they will fix it and help keep you happy.

Go back to your original order form make sure it is listed. OTHERWISE, you missed it too...

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

OP
OP
G

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back to your original order form make sure it is listed. OTHERWISE, you missed it too...

That was the first thing I did. It was definitely on there. This is my second Raptor through them and they have been great. Might see if they will do mid-perch for me as "compensation" (I already have a Solid Fold and BedRug on my current Raptor that will go on the new one). I could see them doing the mid-perch for me but I think its unrealistic to expect anything more than that...it's not like I'm paying for something I didn't receive.

Michaelkgorski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the front camera and I have no use for it. But it would've been cool if it was on there. - one less part to fix/clean if u go mudding