Raptor Missed a gear during acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy21

Reaction score
I was accelerating on to a 3 lane road today, moderate acceleration but not to the floor. The transmission missed a gear and redlined the engine, leaving me not moving and with no power for a few seconds in the middle of traffic. Has this happened to anyone before? I've had nothing but problems in the 4k miles I've put on the truck (5 times at the dealer).

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Year and mileage on the truck? Any mods? I remember new Gen 3s had a problem with the transmission line popping off. Did you loose fluid under the truck?

OP
OP
Tommy21

Tommy21

Reaction score
2022, 4,700 miles, zero mods, no fluid or CEL... Everything looks normal other than it bouncing off the rev limiter and slowing down in the middle of traffic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tommy21

Tommy21

Reaction score
Going back to the dealer tomorrow for round 6.. I'm going to start the lemon law process. First Ford I've purchased.. most likely my last.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on your time at redline, thats another issue that would need to be considered. That was the equivalence of a money shift.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, we can understand you're not happy whith the rap , but why ? why did you put it to dealer 4 or 5 times . what's happen !

OP
OP
Tommy21

Tommy21

Reaction score
I have another post about the computer and all the lights (reverse, brake, hazards) flashing with the screen and drive modes inoperable and flashing. That was two months of shop time, a new fuse box, a few cooked sensors and all new wiring harness at 2k miles.