GEN 2 Raptor Lean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fftfk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does not look normal.

Those photos are taken with the truck empty and about 1/3 of a tank of gas. The truck only has 300 miles on it so I do think it is leaning more than it should. I’ll take it to the dealer and tell them I think the Johnson Rod is broken.

to the rest of you...you’re a bunch of savages and hooligans ...my type of people. I got a kick out of the responses.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those photos are taken with the truck empty and about 1/3 of a tank of gas. The truck only has 300 miles on it so I do think it is leaning more than it should. I’ll take it to the dealer and tell them I think the Johnson Rod is broken.

to the rest of you...you’re a bunch of savages and hooligans ...my type of people. I got a kick out of the responses.

You should ask your service guys if they know what a Johnson rod is before telling them you’re concerned you might have a problem with your Johnson rod. Otherwise things could get weird...fast.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Yeah looks a little too much on the lean especially if there’s not 36gal of gas in her.
Measure from the ground to fenders, look like more than a inch.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine definitely leans to the drivers side 1/4” to 1/2”. I know old frontiers had this issue because of the fuel tank but this seems silly on a newer truck. BMWs normally go the other way to compensate for the driver sitting in it. That’s why they do weighted alignments also.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hang a little to the left, but my truck doesn’t sit anything like yours.

I’d say drive it out a while and see if anything settles and it levels out. Otherwise have the dealer look at it.