Raptor does not hold up to Rain Storm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor2010

Reaction score
I had the same problem and the dealer replaced the light and fixed the problem under warranty. To many people are having this problem from what I've been seeing. It also caused electrical problems with my hill descent switch. As soon as I disconnected the plug for the L.E.D's on the 3rd brake light, it fixed the problem. I would make the dealer take care of that under warranty just in case.

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same problem and the dealer replaced the light and fixed the problem under warranty. To many people are having this problem from what I've been seeing. It also caused electrical problems with my hill descent switch. As soon as I disconnected the plug for the L.E.D's on the 3rd brake light, it fixed the problem. I would make the dealer take care of that under warranty just in case.

When the dealer changed you light did that resolve your hill descent problems?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes take it to the dealer...once exposed to water you have corrosion and problems...just a matter of time...it should be replaced...

The brake lights can cause the ABS and the hill descent fault...could also be something lose in the steering column and or the clock spring

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn it, now I have it all sealed up. I wonder if the service will buck because I had it off and sealed up with silicone?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it, now I have it all sealed up. I wonder if the service will buck because I had it off and sealed up with silicone?

I would think not...there are TSB on related issues with the 3rd brake light...etc...so they should check it out and order you a new one...

If it were my truck, I would feel better geeting it checked out than using silicone on a new truck...

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would really think ford would have fixed the damn F150 3rd brake light leaking water issues but now. I remember this concern way back in 2004 with the 150 body redesign.

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would really think ford would have fixed the damn F150 3rd brake light leaking water issues but now. I remember this concern way back in 2004 with the 150 body redesign.

It is baffling that Ford can't figure this one out. The gasket that seals the light is made out of this spongy like material that holds water, mine was soaking wet and had to be dried out before reinstalling. I would imagine that everyone with one of these trucks will have this problem under heavy rain or perhaps snow melting on the roof. If I take my truck to Ford I wonder what the fix will be, another leaky light?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont forget to ask for a new headliner. once those things get wet, they will never last as long........ and you get water stains