Raptor does not hold up to Rain Storm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap I just checked the light and one of the little red LED's is not lighting up, I guess I have to take it in now.

I just noticed EXCESSIVE moisture in my cabin.
I did the SAME thing. I looked at my 3rd brake light and there is alot of Moisture in there ...NOt to mention one of the red LED brake lights is NOT working.

-2013 supercrew with 16k miles....

Unless I have another leak in my cabin I don't know about.

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My second light has water buildup in it, 3 red led's don't work and hill descent fault. Ford crap!

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My second light has water buildup in it, 3 red led's don't work and hill descent fault. Ford crap!
How much moisture are you getting in the cabin? Are ALL your Windows fogging up to where moisture beads down almost?

We had crazy rain this weekend in Cali. 2 weeks ago it rained too while I was on vacation. I didnt put 2and 2 together until I saw this thread.

All my inside Screw Windows are fogged up. Not in a normal sense.
Fogged up in a way.....where you know something is not right.

I am just curious if the 3rd Brake Light is the SOLUTION.....or is there other Leaks I have to worry about.

Not a happy Raptor guy at the moment
2013- Screw with 16k miles. I hardly drive it.

I have a service appt Monday for an oil change. I will address it at the dealer-Theodore Robins Ford. See if they come through

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, you take the Raptor out when it's raining. I see the problem right there!

I read about this issue on the forums and sealed around the 3rd brake light on my '12 the day after I got it. It's a simple fix for a problem that Ford should have seen coming. It is absurd that 4 years later it still hasn't been addressed.

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first light would let so much water in that you could see it trickling inside the cabin. The second one has water in it and what looks like discoloration from the stagnant water on the inside of the light.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first light would let so much water in that you could see it trickling inside the cabin. The second one has water in it and what looks like discoloration from the stagnant water on the inside of the light.
That SUCKS.
Lets see what my dealer does. I am going to ask specifically what their solution is.....set aside from Replacing the light

Nicedrms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol lol. Yep the rain got mine too, except my driver side mirror fold function stopped working. I let it dry out for 2 days and it started working again.. Ohhhh and I went through a puddle and the engine sucked in water and mud into the intake, coated the MAF and got all the way to the butterfly valve and started throwing codes.... wtf, can't take this truck anywhere, no mud no water. I'm afraid it's going to break.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My second light has water buildup in it, 3 red led's don't work and hill descent fault...

How many miles are on your truck, justvettn? Have you taken it to your dealership so they can help? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to assist.

Crystal

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles are on your truck, justvettn? Have you taken it to your dealership so they can help? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to assist.

Crystal

Thanks Crystal, I had my truck in the dealership 3 days in a row now to fix that stupid light and finally today they replaced it, but they also damaged a wheel by driving it into the hoist.
I am so pissed, service guy told me our guys would never do that. Funny thing is yesterday I noted 2 marks on each front tire where they hit the hoist and now today another mark on the tire and a big scrape through the rim.

F&(k you Planet Ford of Brampton! :mad:

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so Ford is going to replace the wheel sometime today. I said to the service this must happen a lot and he said no its because the Raptor is 7 inches wider.
They made a point of telling me that the new wheel cost $1000.00 like somehow I'm benefiting from this, and that I would not keep the damaged wheel as they send it back to Ford for refurbishing. What would I want a damaged for anyway?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter