Raptor does not hold up to Rain Storm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Knock on wood 2010 1/2 no problems, even drove through Sandy when she hit NJ, NY and the one big storm before that that washed away towns in the Catskills.
Hell my basement flooded with that one.

I have to this question, my truck has never seen the inside of a car wash!
Do you guys use a car wash with those heavy flapping mats scratching you paint loosening mirrors, I bet those mats hit the third brake light just right to make them leak again.
Just a thought.

those car washes are scary. i don't understand how a person could let those scrubbers just drag across the paint of there cars :facepalm:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, what really makes me shake my head are the ones that go in when 10 degrees out with a wind chill factor in the minus.
And with car washes reclaiming their water to save money and not using the filters their suppose to your just pickling you auto with road salt! LOL
Only the final rinse is fresh or properly filtered water.

Last edited:

NM156

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had one light go out, then a few days later I checked again it was working. Then after the rain, the light is out so I have an appointment on 9/22 for an oil change and this third brake issue.

Will update after.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had one light go out, then a few days later I checked again it was working. Then after the rain, the light is out so I have an appointment on 9/22 for an oil change and this third brake issue.

Will update after.

Which Dealer you going to?
I've dealt with Theodore Robins Ford with great success.

NM156

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which Dealer you going to?
I've dealt with Theodore Robins Ford with great success.

That's good to hear, I'll keep that info handy, thanks!

I'll be heading over to Advantage Ford Lincoln in Duarte. It's close enough to me and I have had good luck with them so far. I have taken my Lincoln there also. So knock on wood, my good luck continues.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are scared of the car wash? What about all the scratches the little branches make when 4 wheeling???

Out here in Colorado it's impossible to hit the mountain trails without getting surface scratches.

Personally I hate washing cars so it's car wash every time!

--john

75th Fires

Reaction score
Ok, sorry to bring up this zombie thread, but I'm getting super frustrated tracking down an ongoing leak dripping through the rear driver's side headliner in the corner on my Gen 1. After looking through these threads awhile ago I concluded that it was most likely the 3rd brake light causing trouble. I noticed that the position/ lean of the truck while parked seems to make a difference in how much water that I get in the cab. Makes sense if there is an easier path to the cab if its leaning one side or the other. I have never seen any water on the passenger side rear headliner no matter how I'm parked. So put some thin weather stripping to bolster the crushed cork like gasket on the brake light itself. All seemed good, but I wasn't checking after every hard rain after awhile. Well sure enough I look back there later and see water on top if the rear bench. Ok, phase 2 bought a replacement brake light and installed and seems like all is well again. Checked after the next rain, forget about it afterwards. Sure enough shit is leaking again. This time I got some thick ass weather stripping and ran a that backing all the way around the exterior of the cab under the the brake light. Weather stripping is right up to the edge all the way around the back of the light. Again, seemed to do the trick. And damned if the thing is not still leaking. I'm starting to wonder if there may be a problem with seal of the window itself. Anyone have any advice?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
chances are the light is broken where the screws attach. I cracked a few open and all of them had water intrusion at the screw locations.

75th Fires

Reaction score
chances are the light is broken where the screws attach. I cracked a few open and all of them had water intrusion at the screw locations.

Thanks I will eyeball that area closely. Seems like a lot of water to be leaking through the screw holes though, cause the rear seat gets absolutely soaked.

tpe187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I had a little water and wet headliner on my 13 SCREW about a month ago. Replaced the 3rd brake light, all was good. After the last week of rain, I noticed the rear bench seat on the drivers side was completely wet. When I folded the seat down, the back panel was completely wet, top to bottom on drivers side. I took the light out and used black RTV to seal it. Still have the problem. Headliner is not wet, so I'm thinking this is a leaking window seal. Truck is parked on an inclined driveway, so all water runs toward back. Should I go to Ford and play the guessing game or us a window repair shop like safelite? Anything else to look at?