Raptor buyback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolan222

Reaction score
Hi all,
So ford has agreed to buy back my cpo raptor after it has been at the dealer over a span of 6 months over 8 weeks for slew of issues (tranny, moonroof, cam phaser). Ford is supposedly overnighting me the paper work for the buy back tomorrow. Of what I read on the internet, I have 3 options. One being a trade for and model , another being a cash payout after a fair use deduction and a third is trade for another ford product I believe.
My question is for the fair use calculation for California. It’s purchase price X miles drive when first reported issue / 120000.
I bought my raptor as a cpo at 35000 miles and have 42000 on it now. Will ford use the 42000 miles as the miles driven or the 42000-35000 = 7000 miles that I’ve actually driven for the fair use calculation?

Any info is appreciated!

tabs2000

Reaction score
I just got an offer from Ford to buy back my 2019 Raptor. I’m curious about your experience. I really don’t want to trade my truck in but it keeps consuming oil at an unreasonable rate. They have tried new valve covers that changed the pcv valve. And then new heads I think? I know they did more then valve covers the second time.

My main concern is I have deeper leaf springs in the rear along with fox 2” bump stops and an RPG leveling kit in the front. I have a Baja designs light bar behind my grill and he 3 little fog lamps they make on each side down in the bumper. I also have a set of Method NV Wheels on it.

I just received my paperwork Friday I’m thinking about taking the truck in and having all the suspension stuff taken off and see if the place I get my stuff done at has a set of oem wheels from a take off I can put on.

What’s the time frame from when you submit the paperwork to when Ford wants your truck back. If it’s an even swap I think I will do it. My truck has 19250 miles on it that’s it. I will have owned it 2 years this April.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I have a set of OEM wheels you can pickup for cheap or I would be willing to trade them for another set of OEM if you plan on picking up another Raptor...
I would definitely pull everything off prior to trading in.

By the way I’m in Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got an offer from Ford to buy back my 2019 Raptor. I’m curious about your experience. I really don’t want to trade my truck in but it keeps consuming oil at an unreasonable rate. They have tried new valve covers that changed the pcv valve. And then new heads I think? I know they did more then valve covers the second time.

My main concern is I have deeper leaf springs in the rear along with fox 2” bump stops and an RPG leveling kit in the front. I have a Baja designs light bar behind my grill and he 3 little fog lamps they make on each side down in the bumper. I also have a set of Method NV Wheels on it.

I just received my paperwork Friday I’m thinking about taking the truck in and having all the suspension stuff taken off and see if the place I get my stuff done at has a set of oem wheels from a take off I can put on.

What’s the time frame from when you submit the paperwork to when Ford wants your truck back. If it’s an even swap I think I will do it. My truck has 19250 miles on it that’s it. I will have owned it 2 years this April.

Every state is different with LL. Did you have the latest TSB performed that includes the software update? If so, why are’s they just replacing the long block? That would be a lot easier than de-modding the truck, going through a buyback, and getting the depreciated value for it. The only time I could see actually having a vehicle bought back is if the manufacturer cannot fix the issue, or there is no fix for the foreseeable future.

tabs2000

Reaction score
I’m in California and as far as I know yes they performed the TSB and I spoke with the service manager who over sees all of the dealerships in Southern California. He told me he was trying to get Ford to replace the motor. That was about 1 week ago, then yesterday I received the initial letter from Ford to start the buy back process.

From what I have read it seems like a pain in the butt I am perfectly happy with the truck and would prefer them install a new motor. I’m going to call the service manager and see what my options are.

I will let you guy know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figure out what lemon laws cover in your state. If you're still within the time period, Ford probably has to pay your legal fees if you sue. That gives you leverage to "split the difference" and be made whole for every penny you put in, including taxes, title, and license. In exchange, you don't sue, in which case their legal costs will exceed the extra payout. The only way to be sure is to talk to a competent lawyer in your state.