Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a member of the FB group. Will look it up.

So, I'd like to take my truck and do some of the things we did in Utah but I'm not interested in dragging tree branches down the beautiful leadfoot paint. Where can you do trails that don't damage your paint around DFW?

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a member of the FB group. Will look it up.

So, I'd like to take my truck and do some of the things we did in Utah but I'm not interested in dragging tree branches down the beautiful leadfoot paint. Where can you do trails that don't damage your paint around DFW?

Texas Raptor Runs is the best opportunity to really have fun in your truck. Here's a video I made of last year's event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9aL4zqfR8c

And here is the official video of the event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_iuvUeKmos

I'm going to go scout out Northwest OHV in Bridgeport soon here, it looks to be great for our trucks. There's not a lot other than that in the DFW area - OK has really cool trails, but they are narrow (see my Ouchita videos for that). Rally Ready Ranch (outside of Austin, host of TRR's RaptorX) does monthly track days - it is a wide open track that's fun to play on. I'll be going to that in June.

You can drive on some of the Galveston beaches - my coworker is taking his Gen 2 down there soon, and it is on my summer list as well.

Also, I highly recommend checking out Road Warrior Plus and Trakktape. I use them for offroad excursions to protect my paint. Do you have front mud flaps? If not, get some PDPs from Chris Kelley stat

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received an email saying they need an answer on whether I am going to elect coverage or opt out for "Vehicle Damage Policy & Indemnity Agreement"

In one of the blogs I've read it says as long as you don't drive crazy, there is no need to spend the $. Anyone who has been recently have any thoughts? Did you pay the fee or not? I'm leaning toward opting out.

801Ag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received an email saying they need an answer on whether I am going to elect coverage or opt out for "Vehicle Damage Policy & Indemnity Agreement"

In one of the blogs I've read it says as long as you don't drive crazy, there is no need to spend the $. Anyone who has been recently have any thoughts? Did you pay the fee or not? I'm leaning toward opting out.

I paid and it was a big waste of money.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If It didnt have like a $5000 deductible, I would probably recommend it. I paid, but it was a waste.

Any damage you do will likely not be over the deductible, so the insurance wont help anyway

Last edited:

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't think of any instance where you would need the insurance unless you're not paying attention and rear end the raptor in front of you.

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did our Raptor Assault last Friday 4/20/18. Great time. Highly recommended.

Looks like classes are almost full again.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attended the 5/14-5/15 class and it was awesome. Learned a lot on how the truck drives and learned to use left foot braking while rock crawling. Never did that before in my lifted jeep and it really works well. Photographer really worked hard as he popped up everywhere on the trail ride. Wish we did more of the gravel track as I really liked that portion. Instructors were top notch. Hats off to them.

GoPro worked well, just ran out of memory space after my first Baja run. :)

Highly recommend everyone attend otherwise you are wasting a great opportunity!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc