Rain and Alignment on New 2013 Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Today was the first rain in several months. So, there was oil and water all over the roads as usual on a first rain. But I kept feeling like my back tires were shifting slightly, really barely, in the opposite direction of the front tires - something in the alignment felt like the truck was on two different planes of surface?

I also noticed that there was this "Slipping" feeling in the back tires - really things I was concentrating on because something felt different.

Did anyone have a similar feeling with theirs? Should I take it in to get the alignment checked?

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only noticed my '11 slip a few times after 30,000 miles on the stock tires. Pretty sure footed in the rain otherwise. Can't see where the alignment would cause this to happen.
Good luck.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could bring it in and have it checked out. It may be nothing or it could be something other than the alignment, you never know, maybe the rear axel is out of alignment and your "crabbing". Better to be safe and find out.

When I had my alignment, the rear axel was off but, still within Fords recommended specs. My tech spent about 20 mins on the rear before starting the front. Get a print out of your trucks alingment.

Remember, you have 1 free alignment within your 1st year so why not do it.

Check out pirate air's thread if you want more info on alignments here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/your-raptor-its-alignment-539/

Before:

4c1ce111-b4be-465e-b549-a586447f1d6f_zps28379d94.jpg

After:

b92aef5b-8b48-4f60-a755-39554495089b_zps981f91a6.jpg

Last edited:

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truthfully after my collision I thought my Axle was ****** since I had to make an overcorrection by a good 1.5-2" to the right to get it straight, that scared me. But after I went it found out it was my new Wheels & Tires I bought.

Have you purchase new Wheels and/or Tires?

medic001918

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember, you have 1 free alignment within your 1st year so why not do it.

Is this true of all Raptor's? Or just through your dealer?

And if I'm planning doing the mid-perch mod after getting my truck, could I use the free alignment after performing the mod? Or am I better to take it somewhere independent and have the alignment done after doing that?

Thanks,
Shane

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this true of all Raptor's? Or just through your dealer?

And if I'm planning doing the mid-perch mod after getting my truck, could I use the free alignment after performing the mod? Or am I better to take it somewhere independent and have the alignment done after doing that?

Thanks,
Shane

This is copied from Ford's website:

Where a vehicle has no factory-related defect, and is therefore not entitled to a warranty-related repair, replacement or adjustment, it is Ford policy nonetheless to provide certain maintenance items, when necessary, free of charge during a limited period:
wiper blade replacements will be provided during the first 12 months in service, regardless of miles driven
wheel alignments and tire balancing (unless required by a warranty repair) will be provided during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first
Brake pad/lining replacements will be provided during the first 12 months or 18,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first

Here:2013 Ford F-150 | View New Vehicle Limited Warranty | Ford.com