Radar detectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max 360 for me...I had a 9500xi and switched when the Max came out. I liked the year of ticket protection and we were going on a long road trip. It's been great especially driving through the CO mountains. If you like the added tech, Passport is the way to go.

D

Deleted member 12951

****** 9500ix has been great. I did turn off X and K long ago since it seemed that they have all been false alarms, well until yesterday when I went through a small town and guess the cops there are still using old technology, radar never went off. Turning K back on...

beb24dbed83826c16e5c5d365a4cdb16.jpg

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****** 9500ix has been great. I did turn off X and K long ago since it seemed that they have all been false alarms, well until yesterday when I went through a small town and guess the cops there are still using old technology, radar never went off. Turning K back on...

I turned off X on my 9500ix as well. The cops around here use laser on highway and usually K band on county roads.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend got pulled over for speeding and mentioned to the officer that he was an engineer and curious about the radar gun. The officer showed him the radar gun and my friend promptly noticed the calibration was out of date. He showed it to the officer, who simply tore up the ticket and drove away. It's good to be knowledgeable of the radar requirements.

A lot of great information on this thread, I will be looking to buy one soon. Are there models that install say in the grill for states that don't allow detectors, (like Virginia)?

Right now I just use the Waze app which has been great. It also notifies you of those pesky red light camera.

TKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****** 9500ix now on sale at Costco for $250. Long road trip ahead and will give this one a shot for the $.

D

Deleted member 12951

A friend got pulled over for speeding and mentioned to the officer that he was an engineer and curious about the radar gun. The officer showed him the radar gun and my friend promptly noticed the calibration was out of date. He showed it to the officer, who simply tore up the ticket and drove away. It's good to be knowledgeable of the radar requirements.

A lot of great information on this thread, I will be looking to buy one soon. Are there models that install say in the grill for states that don't allow detectors, (like Virginia)?

Right now I just use the Waze app which has been great. It also notifies you of those pesky red light camera.

Check out the ****** CI models. They are installed professionally and hidden