Radar detectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radar/Laser Detectors are illegal in some states too.

Like anything just a matter of getting caught. Most jammers have an on/off button to disable that I've seen, then you mount them in 'hidden' locations.

My point isn’t so much about the legality of these devices, but regarding the availability of the devices. You can’t really buy a radar jammer, however, laser jammers are readily available. I’m familiar with how the detector/laser jammers work as I have an ****** 9500ci with laser shifters in my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
Any new updates on radar detectors? Like what works best in a state like VA where they are illegal to have.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
they aren’t illegal to have in VA, they’re illegal to use. I’ve got a friend who is a Ford mechanic, working at a VA dealer that services a local PD. He tested a few against their R/D detector. The valentine one can’t even be detected front bumper to front bumper. There are a few other similarly not detectable however the V1 has to hang on the windshield or otherwise “in plain view”. I believe that is also a “primary” offense too, meaning they can stop the vehicle purely on the assertion that their unit to find radar detectors is going off.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uniden R3, or if you want arrows, wait another month or 2, and the R7 should be out.

Damn. I just bought my R3 a month ago, I wish I knew the R7 was coming out! The R3 is awesome though, just miss the arrows from my V1

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The v1 valentine is the best! It can also be sent in for updates. I have mine mounted with blendmount and powered with mirror tap. Love it! I’ve had it since 2002, sent it back for an update once many years ago. Probably due for another update but it still works amazingly.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine saved my *** this morning on way to work. ****** redline EX Turned onto main road 4am started getting hit with laser , drove speed limit , then seen him , hidden far up ahead . First time in my town i got hit with laser , then at work guys saying the motorcycle cops have laser now too. Guess they make a shifter to interface with detector now may have to look into that

head unit (1).jpg

Last edited:

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine saved my *** this morning on way to work. ****** redline EX Turned onto main road 4am started getting hit with laser , drove speed limit , then seen him , hidden far up ahead . First time in my town i got hit with laser , then at work guys saying the motorcycle cops have laser now too. Guess they make a shifter to interface with detector now may have to look into that

What's the Kenwood unit you're running? Looking to get a 2m/70cm unit in mine, and your install looks pretty nice. Any difficulties getting wiring for power/antenna in? How's the sound on that unit?

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the valentine one, it is easy to conceal if you install it on your shade cover. I have seen guys install them on their grills and run the mini monitor inside the truck. I love my V1

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns