Question for guys that have done rear wheel wells with spray liner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go with the Line-X, had mine done 9 years ago and it is one of the best thing I've done to my truck. Looks so much better than the half ass paint Ford sprays the wheel wells. It has held up with no issues and looks as good as the day it was done. Mine was the same textured spray as the standard bed liner spray. Don't go with cheap spoil your baby she's worth it.
View media item 1339View media item 1340

That looks really good. Mines the same color. Once we come off lock down and I can actually bring it home.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used raptor liner on my Svc Baja bumper and rear wheel wells. It’s a great product! Prep work is important for proper adhesion, I recommend at least 4 coats to get it plenty thick. More coats the better.

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly it depends on how you use it. Do you just use it for commuting and light off road then Line X Will yield the most professional high quality look. If you do heavy offroading doesn't matter if you do DIY spray or Line X at full articulation your tires WILL rub it off (ask me how I know lol) so my DIY spray has held up to sand, mud, gravel but has not against cralwing. But this is just normal based on how I off-road mine so it wasn't about not spending the 300+ to have a pro do it I just knew I'd be having to do touch ups all the time due to my needs. I have been so happy with my DIY spray. I don't have a link handy but check search the forums I posted a DIY step by step guide if interested.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could just do the Husky's and then run some trim restore over it whenever you wax/detail every 6-12 months...then no gray, still cheap, way easier.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could just do the Husky's and then run some trim restore over it whenever you wax/detail every 6-12 months...then no gray, still cheap, way easier.

I don't like the liners because of the heavy salt/brine use here that will be trapped up in there after the winter with no reasonable way to clean with the liners in place.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like the liners because of the heavy salt/brine use here that will be trapped up in there after the winter with no reasonable way to clean with the liners in place.

I hadn't considered that...I got the liners because they cover up all the access to the frame, etc. I'm not sure how doing the bed coating would help with that unless you spray coating inside them or add block caps also. I wonder how much crap would get up under the liners, I suppose just the air would contain a lot of salt too...Argh...now considering pulling off the liners and putting a coating then putting the liners back on

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hadn't considered that...I got the liners because they cover up all the access to the frame, etc. I'm not sure how doing the bed coating would help with that unless you spray coating inside them or add block caps also. I wonder how much crap would get up under the liners, I suppose just the air would contain a lot of salt too...Argh...now considering pulling off the liners and putting a coating then putting the liners back on

I have frame plugs on order. I like the clean look of the liners, but around here we are in salt & brine use really heavy all winter. We're in a really bad icing area.

Staples

Reaction score
That’s what I paid. If I would do it again, I would request they take the tire off to get better coverage. When I had mine done before they didn’t remove it.
I got mine done when I got my bed sprayed. They took the wheels off, and it was under $200. For everything I got done, I was at $700