Question for guys that have done rear wheel wells with spray liner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering if the DIY applied liner (spray or brush/roll) that I saw many of you have put on the rear wheel wells has held up over time? Most of the reviews I've been looking at on Amazon seem to say that after a while the black turns gray from the UV exposure. I haven't been able to find any Line-X, or similar, shops in the area that would do a pro application of product.

As a bonus for your feedback, I have posted a picture of my new girlfriend. Enjoy. :cheers:

old lady cigar.png

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually spoke with a Line-X franchise location today. They are closed right now due to the Illinois Governor's executive order, but he said they will do it once they are able to re-open. He said they apply it in a smooth application on the wheel wells vs the textured application used for bed liners. He is in Crystal Lake, IL...FYI I'm researching right now too, so am looking forward to any replies to the original question.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well back on topic, I did Raptor Liner on mine and it’s held up very well. You’ve heard the old saying 95% prep, 5% paint. That’s the key to longevity no matter which way you go. Getting the wheel wells clean, scuffed, and oil free is a must. I spent quite a while in that department along with spraying a pretty thick coat. We have lots of gravel on our roads, and haven’t got one rock chip. I highly recommend if you have the time for prep.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My local Linex dealer wouldnt even quote it for me, said there is so much prep and masking work that its cost prohibitive...I bought spray cans of liner to do it myself from Walmart, just need to find time to do it. I was thinking of putting some sort of coating on it to protect it from UV like you can do for a bed liner.