Question #5: Best deals? Time for Crazy to ---- or get off the pot!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lacajun25

Reaction score
You know what goes faster than Crazy’s Raptor ?

All the Prius in the left lane [emoji23]

We should have set up a pool to see if and when he actually gets a Raptor. That would’ve been more exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what goes faster than Crazy’s Raptor ?

All the Prius in the left lane [emoji23]

We should have set up a pool to see if and when he actually gets a Raptor. That would’ve been more exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I resemble that remark.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made my deal in January with a factory order, before the Chinese virus hit. The dealers were fairly busy at the time. It was far from easy, and if you read my thread you know I didn't come by that deal easily. A I did get invoice pricing as have several other people in here. You may have to travel out of your home area, as I was ready to do before I got a deal locally. B I really don't get how you, "working in the industry" makes any of my points, or anybody else's, invalid. There are ALWAYS deals to be had, if you spend the time to find them. I can also tell you that dealers in this region are VERY FAR from being jam packed. They were busy for 2 weeks when the restrictions were partially lifted and then it died off. C. I find it hard to believe many dealers in the US are "jam packed" daily with so many people being out of a job and in financial distress. If you are in the industry I would think you would be aware of that.

D What's your industry experience, working at a dealership? I will tell you why again, like you asked in your last sentence, why a busy dealer may still sell a Raptor at invoice. It's because if it's a factory order it takes little time, zero hassles, and between their hold-back and the ******** fees they normally tack on, they will still make a couple grand for minimal work.

A. Invoice pricing is the exception, not the rule. Timing is everything. On a side note, your dealership gave you invoice and you proceeded to trash them on the survey? What a joy you must be to work with on a deal.

B. If a doctor gives you medical advice, do you tend to take it or argue with them? Do you believe FordTechOne when he posts? Are you familiar with the idea of an expert opinion?

C. You can believe what you want, I know what I’ve seen, the responses I’ve gotten, and the people I’ve talked to. I’m willing to bet you do not have the insight that I do in terms of what you see in a dealership. Driving past one or going in for an oil change on occasional is not an accurate representation of actual sales.

D. Yet more times than not that’s an exception. Why would they waste allocation on you and your “minimal work”, (quoted because you think getting together pricing, ordering a truck, etc. especially for an out of state buyer or otherwise is minimal work lol) when they could have somebody walk onto the lot and pay damn near 75-80k TTD for an 802a and the only discount they had to give them was maybe a thousand or so under MSRP if the buyer was lucky. You don’t think they’d mind working a deal longer and a bit of hassle if it meant doubling their profits? That’s literally what car dealerships have been doing since they came into existence. Now, again, I’ll throw you that bone with the exceptions part. You will have certain dealers that are all about big volume to obtain more inventory and allocations who may be willing to deal just to blow it out of the system. But...

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A. Invoice pricing is the exception, not the rule. Timing is everything. On a side note, your dealership gave you invoice and you proceeded to trash them on the survey? What a joy you must be to work with on a deal.

B. If a doctor gives you medical advice, do you tend to take it or argue with them? Do you believe FordTechOne when he posts? Are you familiar with the idea of an expert opinion?

C. You can believe what you want, I know what I’ve seen, the responses I’ve gotten, and the people I’ve talked to. I’m willing to bet you do not have the insight that I do in terms of what you see in a dealership. Driving past one or going in for an oil change on occasional is not an accurate representation of actual sales.

D. Yet more times than not that’s an exception. Why would they waste allocation on you and your “minimal work”, (quoted because you think getting together pricing, ordering a truck, etc. especially for an out of state buyer or otherwise is minimal work lol) when they could have somebody walk onto the lot and pay damn near 75-80k TTD for an 802a and the only discount they had to give them was maybe a thousand or so under MSRP if the buyer was lucky. You don’t think they’d mind working a deal longer and a bit of hassle if it meant doubling their profits? That’s literally what car dealerships have been doing since they came into existence. Now, again, I’ll throw you that bone with the exceptions part. You will have certain dealers that are all about big volume to obtain more inventory and allocations who may be willing to deal just to blow it out of the system. But...

A. If you read my post you would see I said the dealer was great when we made the deal, and horrible when they delivered the truck. Are you so clueless that you would defend a dealer sales manager that literally handed me the keys in the showroom and called it a day? Couldn't be bothered to do ANYTHING? Never even left the showroom? That told me to go buy touch up paint to fix where the hood was making metal on metal contact? What an awesome know it all car salesman you must be!

B. If you were a member here for more than 3 weeks you would know I am a huge supporter of FTO and have really busted balls on a few people that I felt treated him disrespectfully. I've always said he is a huge asset to the forum. What does he have to do with ANYTHING in your post? If a doctor told me you were full of crap, I would take him at his word. So you are such an expert in all things automotive that it is insulting to question you? You are the esteemed Doctor of cars? Really? Full of yourself much? What a joke to compare yourself to FordTechOne, you wish you had 1/4 of his knowledge.

C. Again, typical know it all car salesman. Not even worth a response.

D. This whole section is pure stupidity. I said several times that deals are there if you put in the time and do some work hunting them down. They are not easy to find on a Raptor. How does that translate into you saying multiple times, "Invoice pricing is the exception!" No kidding, sounds exactly like what I said! I also love how you assume nobody but you can have any "Real experience" about how a car dealer "Really works". Do you think you're the first person that ever sold cars? It's SO HARD for a dealer to order a truck when the buyer has it completely spec'd out. Tell me about all the behind the scenes hard work that must be put in to enter the order. Give me a break, with that crap. It must be awesome to be a guy who knows everything and can confidently assume nobody else could possibly know anything different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A. If you read my post you would see I said the dealer was great when we made the deal, and horrible when they delivered the truck. Are you so clueless that you would defend a dealer sales manager that literally handed me the keys in the showroom and called it a day? Couldn't be bothered to do ANYTHING? Never even left the showroom? That told me to go buy touch up paint to fix where the hood was making metal on metal contact? What an awesome know it all car salesman you must be!

B. If you were a member here for more than 3 weeks you would know I am a huge supporter of FTO and have really busted balls on a few people that I felt treated him disrespectfully. I've always said he is a huge asset to the forum. What does he have to do with ANYTHING in your post? If a doctor told me you were full of crap, I would take him at his word. So you are such an expert in all things automotive that is insulting to question you? You are the esteemed Doctor of cars? Really? Full of yourself much? What a joke to compare yourself to FordTechOne, you wish you had 1/4 of his knowledge.

C. Again, typical know it all car salesman.

D. This whole section is pure stupidity. I said several times that deals are there if you put in the time and do some work hunting them down. They are not easy to find on a Raptor. How does that translate into you saying multiple times, "Invoice pricing is the exception!" No kidding, sounds exactly like what I said! I also love how you assume nobody but you can have any "Real experience" about how a car dealer "Really works". Do you think you're the first guy that ever sold cars? It must be awesome to be a guy who knows everything and can safely assume everyone but him knows nothing.

He sounds like he's related to someone else we know around here.