ProCharger Decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am glad to hear you have no problems!!!
Well from reading posts and the internet I find lots of problems with Procharger, Long Tube or not.
It's a shame only a handful have no issues with Super Chargers in general and Raptors

Just adding info

Last edited:

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
It's all in a good tune . Another member on here chrisandalex1 also has a pc with long tubes and it runs fine. I think a lot of the problems have been with the whipple not sure why because they make a quality product. I'm not a big fan of a roots type blower on a raptor though due to the fact they heat soak pretty bad when they are run long and hard.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree it's all in a good tune.
I am not trying to say Procharger is not good please do not read it that way.
If would have had to wait longer that a year and a half I would have a Pro Charger instead of a Whipple.

It's the high torque at the low end thats throwing a curve ball in everyone's ball park with the roots type.
Even at idle.

Last edited:

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I think about it, the engine must be pretty strong to hold up to 411 hp, but then to still want to hold up at 600 hp with a power adder. So in my opinion it is a fine line of having the tuning just right to keep it together. My goal is to keep my engine together until winter, then going to tear down and install pistons and a cam, at the very least, but my goal is to make a 6.6. I went with the big tube Stainless Works headers, installed this weekend, for that goal of more cubic inches.

OP
OP
C

colecoin

Reaction score
I have stainless works long tube headers and air fuel meter installed in my left vent on the dash and I'm adding the boost gauge in the right vent. I'm running AIM gauges. When i did my headers and cold air intake with 5 star tune i watched myair fuel mixter.. 5 star tune was spot on. I will be programming my truck with Hennessy tune to start. I'm sure it wont be Correct so i will need to find someone to tweak it.

OP
OP
C

colecoin

Reaction score
Picked up my truck today. The charger is sick looking under the hood. Tune is not correct. Need to have the shifting points adjusted majorly. It shifts into 5th gear at 25 mph. To much traffic to really test the power but you can tell its there.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would suggest talking to Livernois in Detroit they are the best at tuning that bad boy!!!
It will be your best investment!

Just a question the Tune you are using now, is that the Hennessey Tune?
If it is, be warned I believe they discountinued the Procharger installations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

colecoin

Reaction score
The charger came off of a friends Raptor. He had it installed at Hennessy in Texas. It was on his truck for maybe 3000 miles until his motor siezed. The charger wasnt the cause of the engine sieze it was a bad oil pump. When my friend got his truck back from Ford with the new engine he had Hennessy change chargers and install there new kit which is Roush.. So he hooked me up and put it in my truck. I new it had a bad tune because Hennessy never was able to get his truck to run properly. I just got the truck back today and now am inquiring about a new tune. I am reaching out to Mr Torrie McPhail. From what i have read on the forum he sounds like the man to get it done.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm surprized that your friend went back to Hennessey the second time for a tune after they could not get the Procharger working.
Forced air is forced air, even though mechanics are different.
I wish you could talk to your friend and have him post some feedback as to how it's driving now after 300 to 500 miles on it.

OP
OP
C

colecoin

Reaction score
My friend worked a deal with them. I did have a chance to drive his truck with the new system on it. It drives a lot better. It is way quieter also. His transmision tune is not correct. It shifts out of gears way to early like mine was was doing.
I will say that Torrie Mcphail is awesome. He sent me a new tune this morning. I loaded it this evening and it was a major improvement than what i loaded from Hennessy. I cant thank Torrie enough for his quickness and his customer service is second to none. I have asked him a few questions as to making shift point adjustments for my stule of driving. Im sure he will be able to tune my truck just the way i want it. So far im happy with the changes he has made. I also should thank Chris Ross for his thread he posted on the forum in regards to Prochager owners. If it werent for him i wouldnt have my new tune from Torrie.