"Priority" At Your Dealer (Once Ordered)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what the dealer told me: " there is no code until the order is pulled and when it gets pulled it will be 10". That's why I'm confused. I sent ford service a message asking them what my priority number is...

I understand. Just trying to help clarify for you. I've been selling Fords for 30 years

This is how it was explained to me by a zone rep. If your dealer has say 4 allocations for the year and 4 customers waiting but only given 1 allocation for the month of October. The zone rep will contact the dealer and ask for 1 order number and the customer name attached to that order. It's up to the dealer who they submit. The zone rep then submits it for scheduling.

They do this also. Usually it's by body code and order number

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand. Just trying to help clarify for you. I've been selling Fords for 30 years

I really do appreciate the help. My question is: is my dealer BS'ing me by saying there is no priority code yet? And why would he do that? (And thank you very much for the answers)

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I understand priority codes, a dealer can assign retail orders any priority from 10-99. When Ford does its first pass to go into production, it pulls the lowest priority from each dealer. If I placed an order with my dealer and he gave my order a priority of 10, and another dealer started their orders with priority 20, when the first pass occurs, mine will be in the same standing as the one from the other deal with a priority of 20. If the dealership assigns more than one order with a priority of 10, then the order that has the oldest date gets pulled first when Ford does its first (or subsequent) pass.

So a dealer that gives you a priority of 20, can still put someone in front of you with a priority code between 10 and 19, if for instance they have a "better" customer that they want to help out. So if your order is in for a month and someone comes in to that dealership and is willing to pay more, the dealership could elect to place them in a higher (lower number) priority, and their order will probably get pulled on the next pass before yours does.

I'm sure someone will come along to either correct the above description or confirm it, but that was what I was able to gather from various discussions on the subject.

Exactly correct based on what a number of members here and on other forums who work within the process have told us.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing your order

I have a question, I have a order in and waiting for build date & Vin, at what point can you not change your order?

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really do appreciate the help. My question is: is my dealer BS'ing me by saying there is no priority code yet? And why would he do that? (And thank you very much for the answers)

I'm going to say, yes - your dealer is feeding you a line of shit.

I'm not sure you're going to get an answer from 03'Darin, as you're essentially asking one dealer to speak badly about another, which is generally frowned on (or infer what is going on without specifically knowing - which I have no problem doing).

Last edited:

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah I see...hence the non-response. Well thank you for your response gravdgr.... I feel like I'm on a back burner now .... Hope I'm wrong

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah I see...hence the non-response. Well thank you for your response gravdgr.... I feel like I'm on a back burner now .... Hope I'm wrong
Don't despair. Just keep checking in with FordService on facebook every couple of weeks, or you can call Ford Performance customer service with your order info and they can check as well.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I don't know that he's BS'ing you. Best thing to ask your dealer would be

1 - How many Raptor allocation did they get
2 - What number are you on that list
3- How many have they had scheduled so far.

I have a question, I have a order in and waiting for build date & Vin, at what point can you not change your order?

Once the truck is pulled for scheduling you can't change anything on the order.

I'm going to say, yes - your dealer is feeding you a line of shit.

I'm not sure you're going to get an answer from 03'Darin, as you're essentially asking one dealer to speak badly about another, which is generally frowned on (or infer what is going on without specifically knowing - which I have no problem doing).

I won't speak poorly about a dealer unless I am sure they are doing something wrong. In this case there isn't enough info for me to know if they are being honest or not.

Sorry I was busy yesterday and wasn't on line.

FWIW scheduling is very spares right now according to our ford rep.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW scheduling is very spares right now according to our ford rep.

Darin...do we have any insight into why Raptor scheduling is so slow ? We're hearing that 2017 F-150's are coming off the line every 3 minutes now. We're also told that Raptors are simply plug and play on that line, so in theory, they could be producing a Raptor every 3 minutes, though we know they won't do that.
If they chose to only make 1 Raptor in every 5 trucks, simply to address high priority customer pre-orders, we're looking at a Raptor produced every 15 minutes. That's 4 Raptors per hour, or across an 8 hour work day, 32 Raptors per day, 160 Raptors in a 5 day work week, 640 Raptors in a 4 week month.
1 Raptor in 10 trucks yields 2 Raptors per hour, 16 per day, 80 per week, 320 per month.
1 Raptor in 20 trucks yields 1 Raptor per hour, 8 per day, 40 per week, 160 per month.
Surely we can find someone who knows what their production rate is, even if it varies from week to week.
Respectfully,

Two Dogs

Reaction score
That's what the dealer told me: " there is no code until the order is pulled and when it gets pulled it will be 10". That's why I'm confused. I sent ford service a message asking them what my priority number is...

Curious cat wants to know if you received an answer?

Attachments

• 20161005_110116.jpg
    20161005_110116.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 44