"Priority" At Your Dealer (Once Ordered)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Title sounds weird, but stick with me.

Many folks on here have secured a deal for their new off road toy (Congratulations) and I have not heard anyone paying a mark up, which is even better. But I have a question.

Once you receive a DORA or order confirmation, you have a priority on there correct? Probably says Priority 10 and you're a "Retail" purchase, since 1-9 are reserved. And it's my understanding that anyone who's ordered a Raptor so far, has had to use a dealers allocation to do so.

But I've repeatedly read things like "My dealer had 6 allocations, and there's no one in front of me" or "I got one of my dealers allocations and I'm number one on the list to be ordered" But there's my question. If your dealer has 6 allocations, and I guarantee they're all Priority 10 (Highest unreserved priority) because each dealer wants to get their order filled with Ford, and everyones orders are just sitting in some massive hold bank somewhere until Ford starts scheduling, how, not just "the salesman told me" do you know you're "First in line to be ordered" and "No one is ahead of me".

Ford will just pull any/all Priority 10's from that dealer when the time comes to schedule for allocation. There's no order at that point, all the Priority 10's from that dealer are all in the same holding pot, regardless if one was submitted on 7/27 or 8/10. So how do you know you're up first on the scheduling block? And be honest, if the sales guy did just say "You're first" then say that.

Because so far, to date, I've yet to read someones post and they say "I'm second in line" or "I'm fourth to be ordered" So it's a pretty crazy mathematical miracle that out of all of these dealers, you're all first in line.

Last edited:

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
If all Raptor orders orders are priority 10 (is that possible?) at a particular dealer then it would come down to how Ford schedules your order in regard to what color you ordered and with what options. Someone who ordered Lightning Blue before your Avalanche order may not get it before you if Ford scheduled AG to be produced before LB.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I understand priority codes, a dealer can assign retail orders any priority from 10-99. When Ford does its first pass to go into production, it pulls the lowest priority from each dealer. If I placed an order with my dealer and he gave my order a priority of 10, and another dealer started their orders with priority 20, when the first pass occurs, mine will be in the same standing as the one from the other deal with a priority of 20. If the dealership assigns more than one order with a priority of 10, then the order that has the oldest date gets pulled first when Ford does its first (or subsequent) pass.

So a dealer that gives you a priority of 20, can still put someone in front of you with a priority code between 10 and 19, if for instance they have a "better" customer that they want to help out. So if your order is in for a month and someone comes in to that dealership and is willing to pay more, the dealership could elect to place them in a higher (lower number) priority, and their order will probably get pulled on the next pass before yours does.

I'm sure someone will come along to either correct the above description or confirm it, but that was what I was able to gather from various discussions on the subject.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I inquired I was told no one has put a deposit down and I would be #1 in line. I put my deposit down and a couple weeks later I placed my order. I received an order confirmation with a priority: 10, Order type: 1, No Units: 001. At the bottom it says order xxxx has been added to the order bank.

I didn't think a dealer could place multiple orders (same make/model/trim) with the same priority number or at least I haven't seen that on here yet. But besides what i've mentioned above, i'm just taking my dealers word. I don't think there's much else anyone could do.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
When I inquired I was told no one has put a deposit down and I would be #1 in line. I put my deposit down and a couple weeks later I placed my order. I received an order confirmation with a priority: 10, Order type: 1, No Units: 001. At the bottom it says order xxxx has been added to the order bank.

I didn't think a dealer could place multiple orders (same make/model/trim) with the same priority number or at least I haven't seen that on here yet. But besides what i've mentioned above, i'm just taking my dealers word. I don't think there's much else anyone could do.

Dealers can certainly place multiple orders with same color, trim package, and priority. The only thing I've seen here that can differentiate the two trucks is the order date, which makes sense.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers can certainly place multiple orders with same color, trim package, and priority. The only thing I've seen here that can differentiate the two trucks is the order date, which makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense. I'm hoping we'll be able to track the process on Cotus soon after they begin scheduling.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered on 9-13. I'm supposedly the 2nd allocation of 3. My dealer told me today (when I asked the priority code) that there is no code assigned until it gets pulled for order. But when they pull it -it will be 10...??

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered on 9-13. I'm supposedly the 2nd allocation of 3. My dealer told me today (when I asked the priority code) that there is no code assigned until it gets pulled for order. But when they pull it -it will be 10...??

That is not correct. When we order a vehicle we have to put a priority code on the order. 10 is the highest code for a retail order. Say your dealer has 5 F150 retail orders in, one order is a Raptor order but the priority code is 15 because the other 4 F150's were ordered first. When it's your dealers turn for another Raptor order they won't go in your dealers order back and pull priority #10 which is a regular F150. They'll pull the Raptor order with the priority # closest to 10.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not correct. When we order a vehicle we have to put a priority code on the order. 10 is the highest code for a retail order. Say your dealer has 5 F150 retail orders in, one order is a Raptor order but the priority code is 15 because the other 4 F150's were ordered first. When it's your dealers turn for another Raptor order they won't go in your dealers order back and pull priority #10 which is a regular F150. They'll pull the Raptor order with the priority # closest to 10.

That's what the dealer told me: " there is no code until the order is pulled and when it gets pulled it will be 10". That's why I'm confused. I sent ford service a message asking them what my priority number is...

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how it was explained to me by a zone rep. If your dealer has say 4 allocations for the year and 4 customers waiting but only given 1 allocation for the month of October. The zone rep will contact the dealer and ask for 1 order number and the customer name attached to that order. It's up to the dealer who they submit. The zone rep then submits it for scheduling.