Previous owner smoke smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
White vinegar....mist it on floor mats or put some in bowls and leave in there over night and change cabin air filter

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Find an 80 year old wh ore that buys her perfume by the gallon and let her live in the truck for a few days. You will not smell the smoke anymore.

Many years ago, I bought a used Corvette that just had a light smoking smell I thought would dissipate with some time. It didn't. I cleaned the crap out of it, didn't help. I ended up replacing the carpet and padding and leaving it in the garage with a light car cover and the tops off and windows down for a few MONTHS. It finally was gone after letting it air out like that. I didn't think it would have been that hard to get rid of it. They didn't have the ozone generators back then, I never tried one. I would never buy a smoked in used vehicle again, unless it was an insane fire sale price.

Last edited:

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’ll never be gone. Once you’ve run the ozone machine and all other attempt's you’ll think you got it, but then one day in the hot sun windows up you’ll open door and it’ll hit ya.

Art warner

Reaction score
I’ve detailed many smoke suvs and cars and trucks and my ozone machine works. Work it one day then wait a few days use it again. If used too much it breaks down the rubber seals.

RollTigers

Reaction score
Yes, ozone machine. I purchased mine from Amazon around $84.00. Works great. Got rid of an almost empty overturned can of 2 cycle gas in the backseat of my wife’s Mach 1 (my fault). Tried ozium which didn’t get rid of it. After 3 hrs running it was gone.