Previewing Mopar's Prerunner: We Drive the Ram Runner in Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e201347f9936f6970c-800wi.jpgAt the 44th Moab Easter Jeep Safari, the media is invited to inspect and drive concept vehicles made by Mopar engineers. When the time came, we went straight for the bright red Ram Runner.

More...

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thing looks like it has some big advantages over the raptor, and some big disadvantages...

I looked into building my own Mopar or GM up from a stock 4x4 truck and even after the rebates and discounts I can get (I have family connections with Chrysler and I am military so you basically get GM for cost... kinda their version of x-plan), and I could not get to nearly the price of a Raptor...

Once the dealers startede to talk about a few hundred over invoice on the raptor it was a no brainer.

If I knew this kit was coming it wouild have been a little harder, but I suspect I would have gone the same way...

BTW the article mentions adding an ECTED or elocker to the ram... I do not believe either one is available for that application.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
If something breaks on a Raptor offroad Ford fixes it and send Raptors out to the desert to try and find the issue themselves...warranties are worth more than their price in gold IMO. Can't wait to see some in the desert...if I have my Raptor that long!!!