preowned 22, order new 23, or wait for 24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cones169

Reaction score
Hi guys. looking at a pre-owned 22 with 1200 miles. It has recaro's but not sure if worth it to order on a 23. I got a dealer to give me $1000 or invoice to order a 23. Or should i wait for a 24. Not sure if the 22's have might have quality issues with outsourced parts. I know the torsen front diff not in 23. Not sure which way to go. Any input appreciated.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you looking from a resale standpoint, just wanting the best truck, or wanting the most options?

The '22 will probably be the best from a resale standpoint.

The '24 will have the most options bc you can spec if the way you want.

The '23 is the nicest you can get right now if you're not willing to wait 6 months.

OP
OP
Cones169

Cones169

Reaction score
Thanks for input. Not looking for resale but I’d spec the 23 pretty much same as 22 I’m looking at except I’d get the avalanche color I really like. The 22 also has recaro which I’m not sure I’d order. Yea was quite sure what wait time would be. Was just told if you wanted 37 package it could be 8 month wait. Wonder if 23 order would turn into 24 with that much wait time too

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order banks for 23 are closed so your going to get what has already been ordered. The 24's likely will cost more and the "refresh" may or may not be to your liking. Nothing wrong with that 22 if the pricing isn't stupid. Any dealer wanting over MSRP at this point is likely going to be sitting on inventory unless your in CA. Plenty of MSRP raptors on dealer lots now. Check out the facebook page specifically for MSRP raptors.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a new 2022 37 package. I’m surprised no one on here has picked it up yet given that this one has Torsen and Heated steering wheel.

MSRP as well.

OP
OP
Cones169

Cones169

Reaction score
That’s a decent deal on 22. I’m looking at same color with recaro and not 37 package for 82 but they said they would take more off it.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score