Power adders that are easy to add

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drewa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to add a few simple things to bump the power up.
What is best to do, that's simple, is it a tuner box? If so what one, or it and an intake ? Something else completely?
I am not looking to add a blower or spray it with nitrous, just a mild power bump, simple, easy, reliable, but helps it out.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I know 5star has a package deal for an intake and tune. That'd be a great way to go for starters. I have an AFE on my truck and really like it, and I actually like the sound it adds, although I have read some people don't, if you're in the second category then 5Star also makes a lid for it to decrease the sound.

EDIT: Here's a link to make your life easier: http://5startuning.com/onlinestore/...-air-intake-kit-black-62l-v8-f150-raptor.html

Then probably a cat-back system, I'm sure someone else will have more insight on that, since I don't own one of these and I'm probably just going with the BadlanzHPE electric exhaust cutiout instead of a cat back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Drewa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Aarons 419. If I caan ask, when you say electric cutout on the exhaust, is it literally just cutting a part off. Does it add much power? Thanks

I have so many questions on things for the truck. But will start with this, before I get into asking about tow hitch receivers, and such to.
Just enjoying the fun new ride.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
from what i hear cat back on this truck will not add much power just sound. a cut out will def not add power, u may even lose some bottom end. the best bang for the buck and ease of install would be an intake and tune. i would look at one of 5star's combo kits. i will be goin with them as well very soon.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'm not installing the cutout for a power gain, I'm installing it because it'll be hilariously fun.

Drewa, The cutout is just a Y pipe and an electronic valve that turns your exhaust into a straight pipe exhaust when you open it. Some people say you'll lose low end, some say you won't, some say you gain some. Even if the "lose" crowd is right, it's not going to be enough to feel. I've had plenty of trucks that were actually straight piped and I've felt no difference at all.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i had cutouts on my 6.0 lq4 gmc right off the long tube headers and ur right they were great to make the truck sound nasty and louder but i def lost low end power with them. maybe the ford 6.2 will react different but i doubt it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the thing about an electric cut out is you don't have to open them until you are at middle speed but don't think I would like messing with a long reach when going balls out.

OP
OP
D

Drewa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I will look into the 5 star. Never had myself, or even know anyone that uses 5star stuff, so will be a new experience for me.
Not a huge fan of making it loud, just to make it loud, so will skip the exhaust, but good info, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts