Potential Transmission Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 10 speed was launched about 2 years before they knew how to program it. The GMs with the same tranny aren’t having any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrek

Reaction score
There was a TSB on it? I had to take my truck in and luckily I talked to a younger service rep. The older guys that I talked to first told me that I would have to leave it a week.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have a tune? I’ve heard the mpt tune does s lit for tranny performance as well.

ThatTorqueTho

Reaction score
Same problem with my 17. Shifting into drive from park it lurches forward and overall rough shifts from gears 1-5. Dealer tried changing tcm and got nothing. At the dealer for a week now and they just told me that ford approved a new tranny to be put in after not being able to find the problem/codes etc.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘17 has gone into the shop twice now for this.

First time, they reset the adaptive learning back to baseline. Fixed the problem!

Problem sure enough returned over the next three months so I took it back and explained that simply resetting the learning module did NOT fix it. Something was causing it to return.

What did they do? Reset it again, and insisted it must be due to my driving habits because there aren’t any codes being thrown.

Been two months and it’s coming back again. Interesting to see that others are having this problem... I searched high and low and could never find another case of it happening a few months ago.

OP
OP
N

nick71692

Reaction score
Quick update.

Finally had time to get the truck in and they said there was a transmission software update available. Since then all the previous issues have gone away. No more harshness in shifts and when going into drive.

Will keep everyone updated if reverts back at any point.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update.

Finally had time to get the truck in and they said there was a transmission software update available. Since then all the previous issues have gone away. No more harshness in shifts and when going into drive.

Will keep everyone updated if reverts back at any point.
Does the dealer receipt happen to say what version software they installed?

Mine was flashed about three weeks ago and, so far, it’s still good.

Derek Matson

Reaction score
I have an '18 with 28K on it. I am feeling this as well. Got an appointment with the dealer tomorrow to look at it. I will mention this thread to them and also update you guys with what I find out.