Post you Bed rack/Tire Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to carry two spares? I'm not saying shouldn't I'm just saying where you want to put the weight based on your driving conditions.

One is none and two is one.
As mentioned. "One is none and two is one".

I'm down in Mexico quiet often and I've seen too many situations where guys wished they had a second spare.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where do you want the weight...

I have one under and one towards the cab....most of driving is sugar sand where weight is best distributed

If I was doing Mexico I'd keep one under and two on top...and a plug kit under the rear seat...ha!

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can tell who uses a raptor as intended and who just goes to Starbucks just by the questions about spare tires and the answers.

Being in the middle of no where, 300 miles from home, 150 miles from the nearest town that doesn't NOT have a repair/tire shop. (Town doesn't even have a gas station, that is another 30 miles away)When you get a flat tire like this, and your brain quickly informs you that you don't have a backup to your backup will quickly make you understand.

Not the same as getting a flat 10 miles from home where you pass 3 tire shops on your way home.IMG_31791.jpgIMG_31801.jpg

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 2 different load outs.. the first one is my dune/daily setup. There's tools and recovery gear in the black Plano box. The second pic is my expedition/snoball loadout the green box has everything from the black box but also a badlands apex portable winch, spare parts, fluids, and other equipment that I never really need but decide to haul around anyway, and then 10gal of extra fuel so I can go as far as the limo cabs.. last pic was the bare rack when I was putting the pro eagle mount in..
20220424_180006.jpg20210430_134133.jpg20211030_171848.jpg

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Little background on the tire pictures.

Has happened to me twice. In my superduty (pre Raptor days). I go into the Utah/Nevada desert. Both times I ran over a rail road spike. (I have had other punctures from rocks/nails but nothing like the rail road spike)

Rail road spike is 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch square. Tire goes flat in about 10 secs. Doing 50ish mph on a rough road in an f350 you don't notice it like you think you would.

Both times I had friends with me and when some thing felt off I stopped and both times passengers asked " why we stopping".

First time it cracked the wheel. The picture is of the second time about 2 years after the first. I stopped soon enough the 2nd time the wheel was okay (still holds air).

Last edited: