Posi traction burnout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeCreaux

Reaction score
I just know the dealership gave me a loaner F-150 for a couple of weeks and it spins tires just trying to merge onto the highway. My Raptor never spins tires in 2H, it grips the road like my hound dog dragging me on walks.

Reaction score
Go to baja mode, flip the 4wd switch back to 2wd. Bam 2wd with rear locked. I haven’t played around like this, but it worked in my driveway. I’m away at work, can anyone else confirm?

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine will spin both tires when doing burnouts with all nannies shut off,in normal mode.

Is gotta be a really tight pre load on the spider gears.
But I really don't know what's in the diff.... haven't opened it up yet.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All this has blossomed from in-accurate information...
1) The Raptor has NO limited slip diff at all no matter what you hear going around a corner - E-Locker only, controlled by the Transfer case control module..
2) There seems to be no way around it, right now there is no way to get the locker to operate in any 2wd mode, and yes I've tried the Baja Mode then switching to 2wd...no go.
3) All sorts of vehicles with an open diff will sometimes spin both wheels during a pavement burnout, but not always. Now just for everyone here I did several brake stands this morning, and when I turned off TC and SC I did 2 burnouts in a row and both times both tires where spinning...Smoked the tires across the small intersection truck slightly sideways...:)

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All this has blossomed from in-accurate information...
1) The Raptor has NO limited slip diff at all no matter what you hear going around a corner - E-Locker only, controlled by the Transfer case control module..
2) There seems to be no way around it, right now there is no way to get the locker to operate in any 2wd mode, and yes I've tried the Baja Mode then switching to 2wd...no go.
3) All sorts of vehicles with an open diff will sometimes spin both wheels during a pavement burnout, but not always. Now just for everyone here I did several brake stands this morning, and when I turned off TC and SC I did 2 burnouts in a row and both times both tires where spinning...Smoked the tires across the small intersection truck slightly sideways...:)

for the sake of research of course :cheers: