Posi traction burnout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is an old post from @DezertRacer
Works for the Gen 1

Yes, the product is live and has been doing great , As ryan said if you flip the switch to fast and try to engage with the normal locker switch it will throw a check diff dash display . It takes about 20 secs to disengage . I own @aftermarket HQ in Las vegas . We are constantly updating our website . The prices for the units are as follows .

Unit with wiring for AUX $225 plus shipping .
Unit with wiring with switch $250 plus shipping .

Unit works great , give full control of E-locker . Runs with all computer systems with no dash lights or problems . Runs correct load to e-locker with correct duty cycles. Our unit is a computer controlled unit you will wire in place between tcm unit . very easy . comes with instructions . You can PM me here or call the shop to order . We are also a supporting Vendor on FRF 702-202-1263

AfterMarket HQ Las Vegas NV 702-202-1263

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would bet money, you could wire around the nannies and use one of your aux switches to activate the e-locker. Might want to install diodes so the nannies don't know.

It's my understanding that the rear E-Locker control is not simply a 12vdc feed, but instead a pulse width signal. I've found all sorts of 12vdc Pulse Width Modulators online, BUT someone would need to monitor the factory pulse width signal and then find the correct modulator to duplicate that signal.
Incorporating into the truck would be quite easy using a Bosch style relay with NC and NO contacts, the factory control signal would go thru the NC contacts and behave 100% as stock, and the 2nd Modulator signal would go thru the NO contacts with the AUX switch activating the 2nd modulator and switching contacts at the relay....

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why in the world do you want to do burnouts with a 3 ton truck that’s built for off road use? Grow up and stop trying to invent ways to break your RAP. I can see it now, you’ll break something and it will be Fords fault for not building a truck that can stand your abuse. Use your truck for what it was designed for, abuse it and you will be another Forum complainer of its abilities. Good luck my friend with your endeavors.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why in the world do you want to do burnouts with a 3 ton truck that’s built for off road use? Grow up and stop trying to invent ways to break your RAP. I can see it now, you’ll break something and it will be Fords fault for not building a truck that can stand your abuse. Use your truck for what it was designed for, abuse it and you will be another Forum complainer of its abilities. Good luck my friend with your endeavors.

From your point of view I'm sure that's what it looks like...HOWEVER the reality is a little different as this was only the third time I've tried to light the tires up in the street (20,000 miles on my truck) and when I break things I never blame others and finally I've got over 1,000 miles of desert running on this truck including running down in Baja which is a whole lot more then others...:)

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

You must be a riot at parties. :Wedgie:

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) The Raptor has NO limited slip diff at all no matter what you hear going around a corner
No disputes, I understand they are open, but what is that momentary slip and re-latch sounds and sensation? I've had 6 or 7 4WD FoMoCo truck over the years, the only ones that do that have some sort of LSD. I never opened one up, and my personal expertise with diffs is based on 1960-1975 tech, I admit I'm the dumb one here.

But I'm curious, what causes tire skip in slow speed cornering on loose surfaces while in 2WD?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No disputes, I understand they are open, but what is that momentary slip and re-latch sounds and sensation? I've had 6 or 7 4WD FoMoCo truck over the years, the only ones that do that have some sort of LSD. I never opened one up, and my personal expertise with diffs is based on 1960-1975 tech, I admit I'm the dumb one here.

But I'm curious, what causes tire skip in slow speed cornering on loose surfaces while in 2WD?

Thats called traction control. Brake applied to the spinning wheel which allows the open diff to transfer power to the gripping wheel.