PorterW1111's "Burro" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your build inspires me! That thing is going to be awesome! And nice work love your fab work.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the cab still mounted to the frame with the factory rubber mounts? Asking because isn't there going to be movement of the cab, but rigid where you welded the bars on? Asking because I'm not sure how that works or whatever, lack of now how on my end anyway.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the cab still mounted to the frame with the factory rubber mounts? Asking because isn't there going to be movement of the cab, but rigid where you welded the bars on? Asking because I'm not sure how that works or whatever, lack of now how on my end anyway.
Soooo yes the factory rubber body mounts do still exist. But.. the cab is welded to the cage on the interior, the rear bulkhead, the floor, and the front engine cage. And the cage is tied into the remaining frame the body mounts attach to. So at this point I think the cage is holding the cab vs the body mounts. But I still try to account for some minor movement. Hence the silicon bronze and thin gauge plate.