portable hi res audio player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how r u guys hooking these up to your raptor , bluetooth ? I know most hi res audio portable players use 3.5 mm and 2.5 , but the raptor has no aux input

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have android, just stream it in wav format or use a low profile usb stick. i use a usb hub that allows me to add 4 usb drives to my truck. two is for my music, one is for test music and the 4th is for my kids music. all in wav format

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how r u guys hooking these up to your raptor , bluetooth ? I know most hi res audio portable players use 3.5 mm and 2.5 , but the raptor has no aux input

well....hi rez audi wont fix the ****** stock stereo. but there are ways to do AUX inputs with an aftermarket input. to get the most out of hi rez, you need to get off blu tooth

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any cables ,that will. send audio from 3.5 mm jack aka my hi res player , to usb , aka raptor input , they all seem to be usb-c to 3.5 mm ,not sure I can reverse the last cable ,I mentioned , meaning the audio can run in either direction , so I could go 3.5 to usb-c ,then get a usb-c to USB adapter . I don't have an android phone ,I have I phone ,it can't do hi res audio . been slowly upgrading the whole system , speakers , amps , subs ,just trying to feed it a good source

Reaction score
The point of using a Digital Audio Player in a car is to bypass the oem system to get the best sound possible. Go digital or analog out of it directly into your DSP with it. Use the DSP/s controller to control volume. Using this into the factory system, aux, USB, or Bluetooth completely defeats its purpose. At that point, just use your phone with a streaming service.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Tidal and their HiFi is pretty good. I drive several vehicles, so it's handy. In the Raptor I can take advantage of the HiFi and it makes a big difference from standard or even their master stream.

Last edited:

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Tidal and Spotify. Tidal is clearer then Spotify with the high res on my iPhone.