Pondering replacing all speakers (not subwoofer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i said screw it and decided to replace everything but the head unit sceduled for install next week. i also found some really nice 8 inch subs by Arc audio, im putting in 2 of their 8d1's....

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
arc audio has some really nice amps that are tiny
easy to conceal even in a scab
im thinking about tossing one in

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are component tweeters able to be installed with drilling any holes? seeing as how 6.5" speakers work for the doors, i have my old Rockford Fosgate 6.5" components (model FNX2406) and id like to install them and then get some 5x7's for the back doors. is drilling gonna be my only option on the tweeters?

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got home from the spot. I bought and installed the Infinity Reference 6832cf in rear and 6032cf in front. Sounds alot better. More pure sound then the factory. Still pondering on a new amp and sub set up.
Either way, at least I am not hearing that crackling or vibrating or what ever the hell it was.

Did you leave the 'tweets' powered with this new setup?

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you leave the 'tweets' powered with this new setup?

I left everything hooked up the way it was. We were going to hook the tweets from the speakers up to the factory tweets, but it seemed to be getting a full signal to the doors. So we left it alone. Thought for a second that the front speakers may have had just a low signal going for the mids.

What size speaker is the center channel?

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are component tweeters able to be installed with drilling any holes? seeing as how 6.5" speakers work for the doors, i have my old Rockford Fosgate 6.5" components (model FNX2406) and id like to install them and then get some 5x7's for the back doors. is drilling gonna be my only option on the tweeters?

What exactly do you mean by drilling? Drilling where?

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by drilling? Drilling where?

in the plastic on the posts. we had to do that on my old truck. talked to my brother in law and he said not to worry about it, usually the plastic on the post can be replaced easily and cheaply... usually...

Edit: to mount the tweeters from my component 6.5" had to drill into the plastic to mount the base of the tweeter.