POLL: If Ford offers engine option (V6 and V8), which one would you pick?

Which engine would you choose in the 2017 raptor?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My oldest son is saving his $$$, he wants the ecoboost raptor, doesn't want the v8, I think all of us that bought a raptor already are v8 horsepower people, the next generation want the tuner/v6 hp version. Like mentioned here already, the sales of the ecoboost engine are very popular, have friends who prefer that engine. I was brought up different, big motor, bigger motor, the biggest motor is better!

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
They offer the v6 and v8 in the mustang, and the consumer has the option. So it's not out of question they would offer the option in the raptor.

Problem is the Mustang sells a shit load more than a F150 Raptor will. Initially, maybe they do the V6 and in a year or two change to a V8 - or maybe keep the V6. I don't see them offering both together, as the tooling for their production line would be expensive as hell.

OP
OP
S

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Problem is the Mustang sells a shit load more than a F150 Raptor will. Initially, maybe they do the V6 and in a year or two change to a V8 - or maybe keep the V6. I don't see them offering both together, as the tooling for their production line would be expensive as hell.
How would the tooling be affected? The article(if true) states that they have been working on an ecoboost 5.0. They build the f150 in a line and install multiple engines. It would just be another engine option.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
How would the tooling be affected? The article(if true) states that they have been working on an ecoboost 5.0. They build the f150 in a line and install multiple engines. It would just be another engine option.

I'd have to assume a beefier V8TT would require different mounts, transmission mounts, etc and on and on.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guess what I picked?!?!?! Yeah, not the ttv6. Why? Because who would pick a ttv6 over a ttv8 if both were offered?

I dont jump on the purist v8 bandwagon here often but this is one of those times that the ttv8 is the obvious choice.

If the ttv8 is offered that would be awesome. If its not and we only get the ttv6 its not going to stop me from putting in my order next year.